Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Well, it's been fun!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Well, it's been fun!
Reply #30 on: August 13, 2021, 01:23:48 AM
Thunderstorms expected tomorrow afternoon, just as I predicted!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: August 13, 2021, 01:37:08 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

They had a cancellation and asked if they could come a day early.  I didn't say no. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #32 on: August 13, 2021, 04:41:27 AM
Well North Eastern Ontario got hit with a bad storm yesterday (weather warnings of thunder, hail, and tornado). Mostly blew over the Sault with no issues...but down the line got hit hard, especially St. Joseph Island.

https://saultonline.com/2021/08/did-a-tornado-hit-st-joseph-island/

https://saultonline.com/2021/08/power-outages-persist-east-of-sault-ste-marie/

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline andywork

Reply #33 on: August 13, 2021, 01:01:29 PM
So has he become his alter ego Magne-Toes yet?  :think:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: August 13, 2021, 01:37:35 PM
 :cheers:  to the Late Grant

"He was more understanding than even Coleen Rooney"
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: August 13, 2021, 10:36:03 PM
Actually, this has taken on a bit more of a serious tone.

My x ray appointment this afternoon went well enough, but I am now sitting in the Emergency Room, waiting to see a doctor about a possible nasty case of bronchitis.

At least I'm hoping it's bronchitis.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: August 14, 2021, 12:32:32 AM
Hope its not anything more than antibiotics cant handle.     
Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: August 14, 2021, 01:51:37 AM
Already had a tem day run of antibiotics, and two weeks of an allergy related puffer.  Just keeps getting worse.

I am coughing so hard that I can't sleep, my sides hurt, I am getting headaches, and I feel nauseated.  Oh, and since I can't breathe so well during a coughing fit I get really dizzy.

So, yeah, generally unpleasant.  I've been ignoring it since probably February.

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: August 14, 2021, 02:12:23 AM
Well...smurf. :(  Hope you get a diagnosis soon and it nothing serious.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: August 14, 2021, 03:48:13 AM
Well...smurf. :(  Hope you get a diagnosis soon and it nothing serious.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Def

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #40 on: August 14, 2021, 04:24:24 AM
Sounds like me when the Mrs starts breaking out her cleaning chemicals, I can’t freaking breath! Hope your better!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: August 14, 2021, 05:34:43 AM
Sounds like me when the Mrs starts breaking out her cleaning chemicals, I can’t freaking breath! Hope your better!
JR

X Rays show no indication of the bad things that I was preparing for in the dark corners of my mind, so that is a HUGE relief.

Still trying to work out what is wrong, and how to deal with it though.  Honestly, I'm just glad it isn't what I thought it may have been.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: August 14, 2021, 06:34:44 AM
All good.  Discharged from the hospital with some meds, no bad stuff found.

And, as it's after midnight, I figure I'm safe!

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #43 on: August 14, 2021, 09:19:46 AM
You never know...... :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #44 on: August 14, 2021, 12:37:10 PM
Well at least we know you may not suffer from Lycantropy...so things are looking on the up and up.  :hatsoff:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: August 14, 2021, 05:32:38 PM
Good news just hope you can fully recover.  Next time, which I hope there isn't a next time, go to the doc sooner  :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: August 15, 2021, 01:26:58 AM
Good news just hope you can fully recover.  Next time, which I hope there isn't a next time, go to the doc sooner  :pok:
:iagree:

Very, very glad the x-ray was clear. :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: August 15, 2021, 08:23:00 PM

I actually went to a doctor weeks ago.... but I'm between doctors at the moment.

There is a significant doctor shortage here, and I am one of the lucky ones who actually has a doctor.  Megan doesn't, hasn't for years, and neither does her mother, and they both desperately need a doctor more than I do.  Which is odd, because we have several extremely well respected medical schools here.   :facepalm:

However, while we were in Ottawa, my doctor of almost 20 years retired, and I was lucky enough to get in with his replacement when I got back to NS.

Unfortunately, he recently left for Ontario, and, while I already have a guaranteed slot with his replacement, that doctor is not expected to be here until the end of September I think.   

So, in a roughly 22 year span, I will have a month where I am doctorless, and apparently that is the same month that my lungs decide to stop working.   :facepalm:

Oh well, I mean, who really needs oxygen anyway?

Def

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #48 on: August 15, 2021, 08:55:51 PM
Besides my seizures which started when I was like 2, one night about 8yrs ago we were out with a bunch of friends sitting by a fire pit and all of a sudden my breathing went nuts! It was as if I was breathing but I wasn’t getting air, it just wasn’t there, but I was breathing,, luckily there was a hospital right around the corner and a friend drove us, they made me walk around the floor inhaling this smoky looking thing for like 15min, they did a few tests and said I supposedly have a little asthma, :dunno: thus no more cigars,, the one doc said I should inhale one of those puff thingies twice a day but that didn’t last because I couldn’t stand it, my thing is heavy smoke or certain chemicals like when the Mrs cleans, or doing the cats littler box, it like stops me, I got to cover my face with the shirt and try to get fresh air,, the odd thing is I’ve never had it before then all of a sudden boom it happens. :dunno:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #49 on: August 15, 2021, 11:22:12 PM
X Rays show no indication of the bad things that I was preparing for in the dark corners of my mind, so that is a HUGE relief.
Phew! Glad to hear it.  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: August 16, 2021, 01:59:59 AM
At one point, while in the waiting room, I got up to use the washroom.  I had done this several times, as the coughing triggered massive runny nose....

On this instance though, when I came back, a lady was about to sit in my seat.  I was a bit further away than I was comfortable with (I hate yelling at people), but it beat the alternative.  I said, very loudly, "you may not want to sit there, I've been sitting there for a while and coughing heavily."

The fear in the woman's eyes as she jumped up and almost ran in terror.

Having a bad cough in a pandemic has its lighter moments.  :D

Def

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #51 on: August 16, 2021, 02:27:06 AM
Sounds like a good plan to nab the best seats.  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #52 on: August 16, 2021, 01:58:49 PM
This just keeps getting funnier....

I am a construction inspector for the government.  Most of my day is hanging around a construction site (we are replacing a bridge on the highway near DerekMac's place right now) and "monitor the government's interests" which means I don't do much.

I told the guys on site about my death on Friday  and they didn't take it very seriously.

Then, this morning, unbeknownst to me, they sent another inspector to this site.  This isn't a big deal, as inspectors get moved around or stuck places they aren't needed because, well, they have to pay us anyway, might as well put us somewhere.

I didn't know the other inspector was coming, but she got here significantly earlier than I did, which really freaked the guys out because I told them I was going to die on Friday and there was someone else here to do my job Monday morning!   :ahhh

When I finally showed up they were all looking at me funny  and then we all started laughing- all except the other inspector, who couldn't figure out why me not being dead was so funny!

Def

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: August 16, 2021, 02:54:38 PM
That is just hilarious! I love that kind of humor. my wife doesn't

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #54 on: August 16, 2021, 03:45:07 PM
Zombie Def.......    :ahhh

More seriously, you feeling any better, amigo?  :dunno:  Hope so.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: August 16, 2021, 04:39:29 PM
That is just hilarious! I love that kind of humor. my wife doesn't

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

Yeah, Megan didn't find it funny either!   :ahhh

Zombie Def.......    :ahhh

More seriously, you feeling any better, amigo?  :dunno:  Hope so.

Still coughing, but yeah, I feel a lot better than I did on Friday.

Def

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: August 16, 2021, 05:38:42 PM
 :like:   I'm happy to read this!   :cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #57 on: August 16, 2021, 06:04:24 PM
I actually went to a doctor weeks ago.... but I'm between doctors at the moment.

There is a significant doctor shortage here, and I am one of the lucky ones who actually has a doctor.  Megan doesn't, hasn't for years, and neither does her mother, and they both desperately need a doctor more than I do.  Which is odd, because we have several extremely well respected medical schools here.   :facepalm:

However, while we were in Ottawa, my doctor of almost 20 years retired, and I was lucky enough to get in with his replacement when I got back to NS.

Unfortunately, he recently left for Ontario, and, while I already have a guaranteed slot with his replacement, that doctor is not expected to be here until the end of September I think.   

So, in a roughly 22 year span, I will have a month where I am doctorless, and apparently that is the same month that my lungs decide to stop working.   :facepalm:

Oh well, I mean, who really needs oxygen anyway?

Def

Well, you know doctors. Just don't hold your breath.

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: August 16, 2021, 06:10:13 PM
At one point, while in the waiting room, I got up to use the washroom.  I had done this several times, as the coughing triggered massive runny nose....

On this instance though, when I came back, a lady was about to sit in my seat.  I was a bit further away than I was comfortable with (I hate yelling at people), but it beat the alternative.  I said, very loudly, "you may not want to sit there, I've been sitting there for a while and coughing heavily."

The fear in the woman's eyes as she jumped up and almost ran in terror.

Having a bad cough in a pandemic has its lighter moments.  :D

Def

Have you tried some variants? Like:

"You may not want to stay in front of me in this line, I've been standing there for a while and coughing heavily."

"You may not want to buy that last pack of Oreos, I've been holding them for a while and coughing heavily."

"You may not want to give me a ticket, I've been installing those windshield wipers for a while and coughing heavily."

:whistle:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #59 on: August 16, 2021, 06:20:35 PM
This just keeps getting funnier....

I am a construction inspector for the government.  Most of my day is hanging around a construction site (we are replacing a bridge on the highway near DerekMac's place right now) and "monitor the government's interests" which means I don't do much.

I told the guys on site about my death on Friday  and they didn't take it very seriously.

Then, this morning, unbeknownst to me, they sent another inspector to this site.  This isn't a big deal, as inspectors get moved around or stuck places they aren't needed because, well, they have to pay us anyway, might as well put us somewhere.

I didn't know the other inspector was coming, but she got here significantly earlier than I did, which really freaked the guys out because I told them I was going to die on Friday and there was someone else here to do my job Monday morning!   :ahhh

When I finally showed up they were all looking at me funny  and then we all started laughing- all except the other inspector, who couldn't figure out why me not being dead was so funny!

Def

:D :D :D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD