Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Well, it's been fun!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Well, it's been fun!
Reply #60 on: August 16, 2021, 10:44:24 PM
This just keeps getting funnier....

I am a construction inspector for the government.  Most of my day is hanging around a construction site (we are replacing a bridge on the highway near DerekMac's place right now) and "monitor the government's interests" which means I don't do much.

I told the guys on site about my death on Friday  and they didn't take it very seriously.

Then, this morning, unbeknownst to me, they sent another inspector to this site.  This isn't a big deal, as inspectors get moved around or stuck places they aren't needed because, well, they have to pay us anyway, might as well put us somewhere.

I didn't know the other inspector was coming, but she got here significantly earlier than I did, which really freaked the guys out because I told them I was going to die on Friday and there was someone else here to do my job Monday morning!   :ahhh

When I finally showed up they were all looking at me funny  and then we all started laughing- all except the other inspector, who couldn't figure out why me not being dead was so funny!

Def
:rofl:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline deputy tom

Reply #61 on: August 27, 2021, 05:00:01 PM
I've been absent for quite a while and I read the OP from Grant and my heart sank. Glad to see him still kicking. I miss everyone on the forum. tom.
Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #62 on: August 28, 2021, 12:05:15 AM
Great to see you Tom!

I've been wondering how you were doing!  Sorry for the concern I caused!  It really did start as a joke!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #63 on: August 28, 2021, 12:44:27 AM
Good to see you around Tom.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: September 05, 2021, 09:31:09 PM
This just keeps getting funnier....

I am a construction inspector for the government.  Most of my day is hanging around a construction site (we are replacing a bridge on the highway near DerekMac's place right now) and "monitor the government's interests" which means I don't do much.

I told the guys on site about my death on Friday  and they didn't take it very seriously.

Then, this morning, unbeknownst to me, they sent another inspector to this site.  This isn't a big deal, as inspectors get moved around or stuck places they aren't needed because, well, they have to pay us anyway, might as well put us somewhere.

I didn't know the other inspector was coming, but she got here significantly earlier than I did, which really freaked the guys out because I told them I was going to die on Friday and there was someone else here to do my job Monday morning!   :ahhh

When I finally showed up they were all looking at me funny  and then we all started laughing- all except the other inspector, who couldn't figure out why me not being dead was so funny!

Def

Salah from Raiders of the Lost Ark comes to mind, with a quote I've more or less recalled all these years:

"Holy smokes!...I am so pleased you are not dead!"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #65 on: September 06, 2021, 02:13:17 AM
Salah from Raiders of the Lost Ark comes to mind, with a quote I've more or less recalled all these years:

"Holy smokes!...I am so pleased you are not dead!"

You and me both.  Not being dead was quite a relief!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%