Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Recommendation - functional bag that can be used by secondary school student

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
My son is starting secondary school in September. Need to buy him a rucksack. It is very easy to find cheap options, but I was thinking that I wouldn't mind spending a bit extra and getting something that is more heavy duty but will last and can be used when doing other activities such as camping/trekking. My son is currently nearly as tall as my wife, so she would also be able to use it for when we are doing stuff without the kids. But because it is for school as well, can't look too hardcore military.

Any suggestions? Needs to be something available in the UK, willing to spend maybe up to £40? Depends on the product.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
You can get a bunch of different Jansport options at that price. Quintessential secondary school and uni bag.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
My daughter has been using a rucksack from Under Armour for a few years now.  So far so good.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Thank you for the suggestions guys.

Anyone have any experience of Karrimor? For about 13 years I have used their Sabre Delta 35 pack - and I've been pretty impressed with it.

Something like this: https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-urban-rucksack-791000?google&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=10653976705&cq_term=&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_plt=gp&gclid=CjwKCAjwgb6IBhAREiwAgMYKRnTVzIleodrz_yFgeLCGZuhRbdkrK_-tO0boPdih01jlIyn5WnjKNBoCoqwQAvD_BwE#colcode=79100040

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
As mentioned already, Jansport is an excellent choice. Do see if the school system requires a transparent or mesh bag; they make a mesh backpack that I use for work that is of good quality, and still carries their awesome warranty.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Jansport, My 10 year old has one, it's the only backpack his school allows, for various good reasons.

Although I'm always wary of heavy school bags for young children.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline cody6268

Jansport.

When I was taking community college classes, I busted the zipper of my (nevermind, already worn out) Wenger, and a cheap one lasted a week before the right strap AND haul handle ripped off. I used a USGI surplus Three Day Assault Pack and it was a disaster. While not really a frame pack (heavy plastic sheet slid inside was all), it was very heavy, and the excessive amount of straps hung on EVERYTHING. I should've went to the mall (JC Penney is the only company that ever sold Jansport here, but I've not been in the local mall in a while now) and got a $40 or so JanSport instead of blowing $100 on that army pack.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%