Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Evolution Mod - Blade question

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Evolution Mod - Blade question
on: August 19, 2021, 09:11:40 AM
Hi,

Question, would I be able to replace the blade on an Evolution 10 or 14 with the small blade from a Victorinox 91mm?

Playing with the idea of a keychain Evo to supplement the knife I'm already carrying, don't want blade redundancy and do far prefer the small blade to the midsize.

Thanks!
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Evolution Mod - Blade question
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 10:12:35 PM
Hi,

Question, would I be able to replace the blade on an Evolution 10 or 14 with the small blade from a Victorinox 91mm?

Playing with the idea of a keychain Evo to supplement the knife I'm already carrying, don't want blade redundancy and do far prefer the small blade to the midsize.

Thanks!

A late reply and not really an answer but transplanting the small blade from an Evo/85 mm knife into a 91 mm knife makes it sit low if I recall correctly. Would a Evo S101 be an acceptable replacement for your mod?

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 07:28:07 PM
A late reply and not really an answer but transplanting the small blade from an Evo/85 mm knife into a 91 mm knife makes it sit low if I recall correctly. Would a Evo S101 be an acceptable replacement for your mod?

I wanted to go the other way round actually, small blade from 91mm to an Evo.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 09:03:43 PM
I wanted to go the other way round actually, small blade from 91mm to an Evo.

Yeah, I figured, seeing no answer I decided to give what help I had to give (admittedly not much). If the small blade from an Evo-knife sits low in a regular SAK then I would guess that a regular small blade would sit high in an Evo knife?

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 09:07:01 PM
Yeah, I figured, seeing no answer I decided to give what help I had to give (admittedly not much). If the small blade from an Evo-knife sits low in a regular SAK then I would guess that a regular small blade would sit high in an Evo knife?

Fair enough. Was just an idea. :)

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 06:55:15 PM
I’m currently working on a Delemont s18 mod, replacing the nail file with a 91mm small blade. It’s almost a direct fit, the only difference being the 91mm blade is slightly thicker. I don’t know about the Evo small blade, but I’d bet it’s similar.

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 07:22:05 PM
So I just tested it under spring tension, the 91mm small blade is a direct drop in and rides about the same as it does it a 91mm frame. I haven’t checked with calipers, but the 91mm blade seems to be just a tad thinner than the Evo’s main blade. I suppose you could thin the one already present on the Evo or make a new one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%