Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did you know this about hexagonal minidriver?

es Offline pitquim

Did you know this about hexagonal minidriver?
on: August 19, 2021, 10:02:55 AM
It fits in standard 1/4 inch bit holders  :D

(I share because I think it's fairly unknown, although I don't think it's very practical )
With an Explorer in my pocket everyday since 1999
IG: @pitquim

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Did you know this about hexagonal minidriver?
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 05:08:43 PM
Are you talking about the eyeglass screwdriver? That's a fairly known tool, comes standard with the Compact. All of my SAKs have it in the corkscrew.

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Accessories/Replacement-Mini-Screwdriver/p/A.3643

It even has options since recently

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Accessories/Mini-Tools-4-pieces/p/2.1201.4

es Offline pitquim

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:18:19 PM
Yes, well known tool, but I'm not sure if is also well known the hexagonal version fits in standard bit holders  ;)
With an Explorer in my pocket everyday since 1999
IG: @pitquim

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 09:05:29 PM
Well, having tried it in some standard 6mm bit holders... It does fit in the expensive ones, but only just.... It fits better in the cheaper ones with looser manufacturing tolerances, but I'd not want to do it on a regular basis and certainly not with the kind of torque these things can generate. It's a finger-tool. These drives would probably wrench the plastic off the driver shaft!  :o

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 06:51:37 PM
I do it quite regularly when I can't find my good Ideal screwdriver that fits my glasses. The mini driver just couldn't fit into where the frame screws that held my lenses in on my old aluminum pair were located, but sticking it in a driver allowed me to get a bit more reach. My new frames are plastic, and don't need screws to hold the lenses in, and the hinge screws are very easily accessed.

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 01:41:16 AM
Well, having tried it in some standard 6mm bit holders... It does fit in the expensive ones, but only just.... It fits better in the cheaper ones with looser manufacturing tolerances, but I'd not want to do it on a regular basis and certainly not with the kind of torque these things can generate. It's a finger-tool. These drives would probably wrench the plastic off the driver shaft!  :o

It fits quite nicely in a standard 1/4" hex bit holder on my ratcheting bit driver. I would never use it in a powered bit driver, but a solid or ratcheting bit driver will provide a better handle the next time that I use the mini-driver to replace the batteries in my calculator.
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD