Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber EOD 600 parts swap

Offline Peacemaker 847

• New User
Gerber EOD 600 parts swap
on: September 02, 2021, 05:36:39 AM
Does anyone know if you can swap parts out from the Gerber Suspension parts to my older EOD 600? I want to mod my EOD 600 with other parts and replace the paracord lanyard, add replaceable saw blades to make it more user friendly for my needs. I am part of my local EOD team and just got this older EOD 600 off ebay.  I want to modify it. Anyone have any ideas on a site that sells single replacement tools? Or of the above parts interchange? Thanks in advance!!!

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Re: Gerber EOD 600 parts swap
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 06:31:54 AM
They will fit at the pivots and lock but, I think most are longer than the MP tools and will hinder the pliers' retraction into the handles; you'd either modify to suit or, sacrifice the long/outside tools of the MP. The Suspension scissors will be inverted, requiring you to use them with the MP handles opened. And yes, you can still find a good selection of "universal" U shanked jigsaw blades that will work in the blade exchanger (some might require you to grind down the shank's thickness, but no big deal). Another thing is that I haven't seen any black oxide Suspensions so, you'll have a bicolor tool (which could look good as evidenced by the Black and Silver series from Leatherman and some "custom mods here @ MT.O!). Good luck in your mod'ding and please, do post pictures when finished!; love to see the member's customs.  :tu:

us Offline edc yes

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 09:16:58 AM
 :iagree: Yes, pics please!
-Craftsman/Sheffield box cutter, color of the day
-NXT700 (700/NXT hybrid)
-The year before last year's portable electronic interface (holster modded)
-Mountainsmith Day Pack, mildly modded

Offline Peacemaker 847

• New User
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 02:15:46 AM
Does anyone know if you can swap parts out from the Gerber Suspension parts to my older EOD 600? I want to mod my EOD 600 with other parts and replace the paracord lanyard, add replaceable saw blades to make it more user friendly for my needs. I am part of my local EOD team and just got this older EOD 600 off ebay.  I want to modify it. Anyone have any ideas on a site that sells single replacement tools? Or of the above parts interchange? Thanks in advance!!!

Offline Peacemaker 847

• New User
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 02:23:54 AM
Thank you for the response!!! Do you have a website for the universal saw blade base? I will of course send pictures when modded!  This 600 is used and looks to be in a little rough shape.  However once I get my hands on it, I will be cleaning and modding immediately.  I look forward to sending pictures to y’all.  I just hope this isn’t a fake.  Is there a quick way to look at it to see if it is once it comes in?  Also if it is not a fake, do you think I should just send it back to Gerber for them to go through it?

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 08:50:56 PM
If I understand correctly, your DET/EOD tool should have the blade exchanger, as the ones having it as OE are the DET, Pro Scout and the Bladeless. If not, it had been modified or is not a DET/EOD. As for the blades, just google it or, go directly to Amazon and type "universal u shank jigsaw blades".

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 08:53:44 PM
Here's an example of what you could look for

https://www.amazon.com/Task-Tools-09962-Universal-20-Piece/dp/B00ABD0V4Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Task+universal+u+shank+jigsaw+blades&qid=1630695152&sr=8-3

Personally, I will not send in a tool which I bought used for warranty service, and especially if it will be modified; but that's just me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%