Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I have a question on a multi-tool foldable saw.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
I have a question on a multi-tool foldable saw.
on: September 03, 2021, 12:59:39 PM
I found this one at a local Pawn Shop. At first, it didn't grab my eye as it was amongst all the other cheap multi-tools and knives. I took a chance and asked to take a closer look once I read what was written on the handle. I am glade I took a closer look as this is one neat tool. My questions is this...does anyone have any information on this one? I am looking for possible date of manufacturer and company name if at all possible. I take it this is an older tool as it doesn't appear to be relatively new. I am guessing 80's but who knows, it could be even older or newer.

The tool is mostly of plastic construction. There is a removable end cap that holds 2 extra tools. The blades are replaceable and fit onto a plastic sled with 2 buttons that fit in holes in the steel tools. To remove and add the sled to the body, you need to remove a knurled knob with a central screw. The underside of the sled and the body of the tool have a radial cut pivot, meaning you can tighten the tool at any angle you wish provided the sled and the body mate completely via these grooves.
20210903_062843A by Chako, on Flickr

Here we have the saw attachment locked in the straight out position.
20210903_062911A by Chako, on Flickr

Here we have the 3 attachments which can be installed to that oval shaped sled in up or down orientation if needed. The end cap has 2 separate compartments for the storage of the other attachments when not in use. You can also see the radial cuts on the body where the pivot fits. There are the same patterns found on the underside of that sled.

20210903_063006A by Chako, on Flickr

I almost overlooked this one as uninteresting. The more I look at it, the more interesting this tool is to me. As mentioned above, if you have any information on this tool, I would be much obliged. This one has picked my curiosity.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Re: I have a question on a multi-tool foldable saw.
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 02:44:56 PM
The patent number leads to some info.  The patent is currently assigned to Fiskars Consumer.   If I read everything correctly the patent is from the late 90's.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 05:07:37 PM
I found this one at a local Pawn Shop. At first, it didn't grab my eye as it was amongst all the other cheap multi-tools and knives. I took a chance and asked to take a closer look once I read what was written on the handle. I am glade I took a closer look as this is one neat tool. My questions is this...does anyone have any information on this one? I am looking for possible date of manufacturer and company name if at all possible. I take it this is an older tool as it doesn't appear to be relatively new. I am guessing 80's but who knows, it could be even older or newer.

(...)

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 06:10:58 PM
I did look up the patent info but did not get very far. So 90's it is.  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 04:01:54 AM
Cool tool :like: looks like it could be a torture device as well as a saw :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 04:48:50 AM
 :iagree:

:rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99