Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$9.99 Bibury

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
$9.99 Bibury
on: September 17, 2021, 04:35:11 AM
Someone else mentioned this on another thread, so I had to buy it!  For $9.99, it's pretty nice!  It has several minor issues out of the box, like it doesn't close perfectly... but who cares when it's $9.99!  I can't wait to beat this thing up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08864FXKX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

us Offline NetsNJ

Re: $9.99 Bibury
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 01:33:40 PM
I have one.  (Okay.... Two... I'm a collector.)  The Phillips is totally useless on mine and will not bite on any size Phillips head, too rounded.  The handle tools are also a bit floppy in one side due to low tolerances.  The implements are on the thin side, light duty only.  Both blades are very shop and well ground.  Scissors are very good.  Locking system seems good but I can see it breaking, the spring is tiny.  Definitely worth $10 though.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 05:42:56 PM
I have one.  (Okay.... Two... I'm a collector.)  The Phillips is totally useless on mine and will not bite on any size Phillips head, too rounded.  The handle tools are also a bit floppy in one side due to low tolerances.  The implements are on the thin side, light duty only.  Both blades are very shop and well ground.  Scissors are very good.  Locking system seems good but I can see it breaking, the spring is tiny.  Definitely worth $10 though.

I was about to head over to Amazon until I read about the phillips issue.  Looking at  Rich_SDs photo I would have guessed that it would be a problem. 
If I see a phillips driver like that I usually pass.  Why can't manufacturers include a phillips driver that will even marginally?
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 07:12:27 PM
I purchased this, the $14 folding garden shears, and a $10 Old Timer folding knife that I plan on abusing starting next month.  I'm not going to purposely break them, but I'm not  going to treat them lightly.  There are many times, usually when dirt is involved, that I get nervous using my normal tools, so cheap tools like these are probably just what I need in those situations.  I'll probably just store them all with my gardening tools.

gb Offline Qubit

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 02:49:03 PM
Annoyingly (but unsurprisingly) not available on Amazon UK, but definitely looks worth $10 for sure. 

Offline mikekoz

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 09:20:46 PM
    I have two of these. One came in a useless case and one with a sheath. I think it is a great light duty tool, but you all are correct about the philips driver. It slips off of every screw I have tried it on. Could be a way of fixing it using a rotary tool to sharpen the tip and edges of the driver.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%