Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Say Hello To My Little Russian Friend(s)

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Say Hello To My Little Russian Friend(s)
on: September 18, 2021, 05:52:09 AM
Kizlyar Supreme Amigo

Z & X in D2
IMG_20210918_134646.jpg
* IMG_20210918_134646.jpg (Filesize: 92.63 KB)
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Re: Say Hello To My Little Russian Friend(s)
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 05:52:50 AM
G10 Amigo Sheath
IMG_20210918_134621.jpg
* IMG_20210918_134621.jpg (Filesize: 188.92 KB)
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 01:43:36 PM
Nice !    :tu:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 05:49:15 PM
Nice !    :tu:

+1

Pretty kewl! I like the orange scaled version. The G10 sheath is awlso very original.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 12:05:24 AM
+1

Pretty kewl! I like the orange scaled version. The G10 sheath is awlso very original.

:cheers: :tu:

That would be the Amigo Z with the full flat grind. I have had them for just over and month and initially I just kept grabbing that one. The Amigo X is probably a prettier tacticool looking. I'm not certain if I grabbed the handle just because it's orange or part of me wanting to try the 'Izula' like profile over the 'Candiru' like profile. After forcing myself to carry the green handle I have to say i can't find a measurable difference in performance.
 Pretty certain you can get the orange in the other blade profile and both blades can be had in a black coating or Aus-8 Steel (also black coated/satin options)

As for the sheath. No plastic or kydex OEM sheath has compared to how good it is. The fit, finish and form factor are superb. I like also how it fits both blade profiles. Time will tell how long retention and the snap lock holds up. Given that it is a smaller sheat for a bigger blade than my Esee Candiru . It's also amazing as a neck knife which have tried while working a physical day , although I tend to pocket carry this size knife.

Very happy with the knives, if they weren't called 'Amigo' I probably would have had the will power to not buy them. The fact I got them for US$56 delivered helps take out the sting as locally they are probably overpriced. I have a Kyzliar Knives Sterkh that i owned for 10-15 years which also swayed me. Since found out Kizlyar Supreme are different entities (possible under a larger umbrella)

- Terry Pratchett

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD