Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Multi-Lite

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Gerber Multi-Lite
on: September 23, 2021, 11:08:50 PM
This is a golden oldie from a little over 20 years ago. Had a few extra parts laying around so I tweaked the tool set. Think it makes a good companion for the Leatherman Mini, but curious what you’d guys do with the tool set? Has tweezers, firefly, mini regular screwdriver, mini phillips screwdriver, ink pen, straight pin and a few screws for eye glasses in the tool case. Amazing what you can fit in there. Bought this one off eBay because it was “dirty” for $27.50. Took me about an hour to clean and another to slim up the blade and put in the file.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:56:14 PM by pa_strunk »
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Gerber Multi-Lite
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 11:56:34 PM
Great concept (if a little bulky for the tool set).  They came in a few different versions anyway but also not hard to tweak them to what you want. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 11:17:55 PM
So I got the modding bug again and decided to make a Gerber “Cyber” Multi-Lite. Basically took 4mm hex driver from a cheap promotional tool and dremeled away for about an hour to come up with what you see in the center. Also show the multi-lite I use as a 1/4” bit driver. Anyway, I like the multi-lite because of two reasons. One the light does work for “all” the implements on the tool and you can easily remove it and use it independently. Think Gerber could have remade this model lighter, more ergonomic and with a much brighter light. Be a home run in my mind. What do you guys think?  :think:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 09:21:12 AM
That is a really neat idea!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 05:04:40 PM
 :iagree:

Pretty cool.  I have one and its quirky, which I like. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 03:56:06 PM
Nice mod !  :tu:

And on a quite rare pink Multi-Lite no less  :D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 04:08:49 PM
Yep, got this one cheap because of the awesome "puce" color. It was a promotional item and said "Harley Girls Club" or something to that effect on the bottom. Dremel erased that off right after I got it. What can I say, just cannot turn down a "good deal" on fleebay. Mod fodder I guess.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 03:57:08 PM
Yep, got this one cheap because of the awesome "puce" color. It was a promotional item and said "Harley Girls Club" or something to that effect on the bottom. Dremel erased that off right after I got it. What can I say, just cannot turn down a "good deal" on fleebay. Mod fodder I guess.

It may have had "HOG Ladies of Harley" (that's what one of mine has, anyway).

I'd leave it alone, as Multi-Lites in that particular colour are quite rare ( IIRC I only know of 4, including yours), so a serious Gerber collector may want it.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 04:53:10 PM
Cannot replace the cheap promo stuff I erased, but I can keep the "puce" cover in pristine shape I guess. One of my daughters often tells me she is going to sell off my entire "gadget" collection to lowest bidder someday. Whoever that lucky person shall be, will have themselves quite a collection of oddities. In fact, some of my mods I do are just to confuse the utter crap out of future owners.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 03:19:54 PM
Cannot replace the cheap promo stuff I erased, but I can keep the "puce" cover in pristine shape I guess. One of my daughters often tells me she is going to sell off my entire "gadget" collection to lowest bidder someday. Whoever that lucky person shall be, will have themselves quite a collection of oddities. In fact, some of my mods I do are just to confuse the utter crap out of future owners.

:D   :o   :pok:   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%