Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media Stuff

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Social Media Stuff
Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 08:25:21 PM
Today's addition!

This is one of the great unsung tools- The Utica Kutmaster Multimaster may have a long name, but it is worth saying a lot more!  And it's one of my favorites!

It's USA made, all locking tools, fixed head, blunt nosed pliers and the usual array of multitool functions you have come to expect, all for around $35.

@uticacutleryco #utica #uticakutmaster #uticamultimaster #multimaster #kutmaster #multitool #multitooldotorg #edcmultitool #pliertool #everydaycarry #everydaycarrytool

It's a design that has remained unchanged for more than 30 years. It's not that much newer than the Leatherman.  And for good reason, it's tough and solid. While they usually go for $35, I've noticed some versions, especially Proto and Klein are near $100. At that price, they need to do some major improvements.

Some improvements, in my mind would be a bit harder and tougher steel for the pliers (and maybe the internal components), a more aggressive hacksaw, and make the seatbelt cutter and tanto blade from the Malaysian Police model available to the public.

Story goes is that apparently the contract with the Malaysian government got canceled, and was awarded to Vic; with all tools being produced and being sold as factory seconds. Mine came to me by way of a lot of factory second tools, along with a blank needlenose, a CAT needlenose, and a Chinese made Toolclip clone Utica sells under the Mountain Quest name and in their advertising/promotinal catalog.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: October 10, 2021, 02:37:56 PM
Designed specifically for use with the popular AR-15 platform, Leatherman's MUT was designed for military use, and to be used with a standard OTIS cleaning kit.

More importantly, the MUT introduced a number of features that would make their way onto more general use tools, like the hammer end that can also be found on the Signal.

Learn more about the MUT at the Multitool Encyclopedia!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=MUT

@leathermantools @leathermanuk @leathermancanada #Leatherman #leathermantool #leathermantools #leathermanmut #leathermanusa #ar15 #m16 #firearms #firearmstools #everydaycarrytool #military #militarytools
16338694244300.jpg
* 16338694244300.jpg (Filesize: 194.36 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: October 10, 2021, 07:11:58 PM
Still have yet to get a MUT :ahhh I have really loved the look of it over the years though :dd: the price not as much :ahhh :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 12:41:48 AM
That depends on where you shop....  :whistle:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 03:41:17 AM
Tell me more of this magically cheap place :dd:

I do usually find deal if I can at all :salute: :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2021, 02:25:58 PM
The Recoil Recoil Auto-Plier is one of those tools that you play with more than you use for anything!

Even so, it still features a one handed opening, locking blade, exceptional scissors (Gerber is owned by Fiskars after all!) and an array of the usual can and bottle openers, screw drivers and so on that we come to expect from a modern multi function tool.

Long since discontinued, the Gerber Recoil Auto-Plier is a tool that should be on every collector's list!

@gerbergear #gerber #gerbergear #gerberrecoil #gerbertools #gerbertool #gerbermultitool #gerbermultitools #multitool #multitools #multitooldotorg #recoilautoplier
IMG_20211011_092159_121.jpg
* IMG_20211011_092159_121.jpg (Filesize: 387.8 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: October 11, 2021, 02:26:42 PM
Tell me more of this magically cheap place :dd:

I do usually find deal if I can at all :salute: :tu:

Find pawn shops that want to move items and don't have the time to figure out what they have.   :D

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: October 11, 2021, 04:37:04 PM
Find pawn shops that want to move items and don't have the time to figure out what they have.   :D

Def

I actually found a few items this week at a couple Pawn Shops :woohoo: And didn't do too bad :D

I love the Recoil :dd: such a cool desgin, I wished they had been able to tweak it, update it and make it not able to sell harm its carrier :rofl:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #38 on: October 11, 2021, 04:51:18 PM
I love the Recoil :dd: such a cool desgin, I wished they had been able to tweak it, update it and make it not able to sell harm its carrier :rofl:

Ah yes, the infamous danger of self deployment in a very vulnerable area ....  :o  :'(  :oops:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #39 on: October 11, 2021, 05:31:13 PM
 :whistle:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 05:34:58 PM
Probably why it came with a sheath instead of a pocket clip!

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: October 11, 2021, 05:54:15 PM
 :iagree: :rofl:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #42 on: October 11, 2021, 11:10:22 PM
I didn’t even know MTO was on FB or IG.  Fb I primarily use to keep up with long distance family.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: October 12, 2021, 03:03:29 PM
We are even (barely) on Twitter.

I try not to use the various social media doodads, but they are a fact of life nowadays.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 05:06:04 PM
Today's entry:

While it also makes them seem tougher, SOG's PowerAccess Assist has several features that work well for people who suffer from arthritis or other conditions that weaken hands.

There are four assisted opening tools (strap cutter, wood saw and plain and serrated blades) and the Compound Leverage pliers help a lot with grip.  If that wasn't enough, the standard 1/4" bit holder in the base of the plier head means that the screw is online with the handle when turning- very ergonomic, and a benefit to everyone!

Now if only we could do something about that name- PowerAccess Assist doesn't exactly roll off the tongue!

@sogknives #sogmultitool #sogmultitools #sogcompoundleverage #compoundleverage #sogpoweraccessassist #blackoxide #blackoxidetools #multitools #multitool #multitooldotorg #assistedopening #arthritis #toolsforarthritis
16340511394140.jpg
* 16340511394140.jpg (Filesize: 261.7 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: October 12, 2021, 07:07:45 PM
SOGs stuff has always interested me :like: and I do have a few but still several that I want and have never gotten  ::) :facepalm: :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: October 13, 2021, 12:13:49 PM
SOG stuff, at least knives and hawks, are probably more accessible here in Canada than anything else,  oddly enough.  Although, you really don't see the tools much.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: October 13, 2021, 12:30:27 PM
Channeling my inner Chris Farley meme on this one.

Remember that time that Wenger produced a line of knives for Buck?  That was awesome...

This SwissBuck SwissMate III was based on the 120mm Ranger series and is virtually identical to the Wenger Ranger Mountaineer except for the textured black scales and SwissBuck logo.

To learn more about the SwissMate III, the SwissBuck line in general or other cool Swiss Army Knife info, check out SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=SwissBuck+Swissmate+III

@wenger_official @buckknives #buckknives #buckknife #swissbuck #swissbuckranger #swissbuckswissmate #swissmate #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #howmanytimescaniuseswissinhashtags #sakwiki #pocketknife #Wenger #wengerranger #wengerswissbuck
received_1167410243785962.jpeg
* received_1167410243785962.jpeg (Filesize: 115.25 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: October 13, 2021, 08:21:26 PM
:dd: :drool: :like: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: October 14, 2021, 05:56:50 PM
One from the Sacred Texts of the Swiss Army Knights today!  :D

Whether you refer to it as a German Army Knife, a GAK, or Bundeswehr, this knife was made on a 108mm frame by Victorinox- and is identical to knives made for the German Army by many other manufacturers.

Technically speaking (which is understandable when discussing a Swiss knife, made for the Germans!) this is a knife unofficially known as a GAK-2 as it incorporates the nail file-like texture into the side of the saw. 

Victorinox liked the military spec of this model to launch an entire line of civilian knives based on the 108mm frame, but not enough to keep it when the German Army specs were updated, and this design was replaced with a German Army variant of the Victorinox One Hand Trekker.

Learn more about this very cool knife (and series!) Perusing the Sacred Texts of the Swiss Army Knights at SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=GAK

@victorinox @victorinoxnorthamerica #germanarmyknife #gak #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights #sakwiki #victorinox #victorinoxswissarmyknife #victorinoxswissarmy #victorinoxswissarmyknives #victorinoxgak #bundeswehr
16342269386400.jpg
* 16342269386400.jpg (Filesize: 86.16 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: October 14, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
The saw/whatever it all does :D always looked liked a torture device to me :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: October 15, 2021, 01:45:32 AM
It's actually really cool when you think about it.  It gives you several extra inches of leverage for those really tough bottle caps!

Def

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: October 16, 2021, 07:23:10 AM
They sure did, and it's sad to see that Victorinox isn't interested in that stuff anymore.

I think they should have turned Wenger into their in house skunkworks type department, cranking out new and fantastic ideas.

I love Victorinox, don't get me wrong, but they aren't the most dynamic company, are they?

Def

I had to read that twice to believe my own eyes!!
That echoes what I used to say back in 2013…boy did I get flamed!!

You are right Def, as was said back then Victorinox now owns both patents and removed one from production! Since then the SAK style tool has stagnated.

Although I kept all the Vics I owned I haven’t really added anything new since wenger ceased. Has the Vic line even evolved??…. besides the fake Wenger clones they released.

Last I looked Vic simply paints a Alox or adds a funky scale to a bog standard tool. Hardly pushing the boundaries like it’s nemesis once did.

(Nemesis: Someone's nemesis is a person or thing that is very difficult for them to defeat.)

Victorinox in a sea of Wenger is like a nun at a rave party!! Dull beyond words.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #53 on: October 16, 2021, 08:06:52 AM
 :iagree:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: October 16, 2021, 04:27:38 PM
I missed yesterday's upload because I broke my Jeep and almost broke my ankle again, so I was a bit distracted.

Here is today's installment.

As the story goes, Leatherman had the One Hand Tool (OHT) designed and ready to be marketed the day that Gerber's sliding head plier patent expired, as they intended to compete for military contracts that required this feature.

The OHT features tools that are all accessible one handed- although in practice, some are available with the right hand, and others only accessible with the left.  One neat feature, seen earlier on the BuckTool 360 years ago, is the pictographs on the handle to tell you where each tool is located.

If you are interested in learning more about the One Hand Tool, be sure to check out the Multitool Encyclopedia at Multitool.org!

https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=One+Hand+Tool

@leathermantools @leathermanuk @leathermancanada #leathermanonehandtool #leathermanoht #leathermanohtcoyote #leathermanohtcoyotebrown #leathermanmultitool #leathermanmultitools #onehandtool #onehandtools #multitools #multitool #multitooldotorg #gerbermultitools #bucktool #bucktool360 #buckknife #buckknives
16343923106940.jpg
* 16343923106940.jpg (Filesize: 225.8 KB)
16343923107441.jpg
* 16343923107441.jpg (Filesize: 188.11 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #55 on: October 16, 2021, 05:31:49 PM
I missed yesterday's upload because I broke my Jeep and almost broke my ankle again, so I was a bit distracted.

Get a Honda  :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #56 on: October 16, 2021, 05:47:02 PM
It's a shame you gave this one away, or not as I've got it
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: October 16, 2021, 10:30:40 PM
Get a Honda  :)

251,000kms on it.... pretty sure even Hondas will wear out parts in that time.

(Image removed from quote.)

Very cool, I'd forgotten all about that one!   :D

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: October 17, 2021, 12:45:24 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

I had forgotten about that one as well :dd: Nice! :like: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #59 on: October 17, 2021, 12:21:17 PM
I had to read that twice to believe my own eyes!!
That echoes what I used to say back in 2013…boy did I get flamed!!

You are right Def, as was said back then Victorinox now owns both patents and removed one from production! Since then the SAK style tool has stagnated.

Although I kept all the Vics I owned I haven’t really added anything new since wenger ceased. Has the Vic line even evolved??…. besides the fake Wenger clones they released.

Last I looked Vic simply paints a Alox or adds a funky scale to a bog standard tool. Hardly pushing the boundaries like it’s nemesis once did.

(Nemesis: Someone's nemesis is a person or thing that is very difficult for them to defeat.)

Victorinox in a sea of Wenger is like a nun at a rave party!! Dull beyond words.

I can't think of any Delemont Series Vics I have purchased either.  Or any, actually.

The fact is, necessity is the mother of invention, and Victorinox really doesn't need anything, so why bother?  All they seem interested in nowadays is doing these special ALOX runs for, well, pretty well anyone.  I get it, that's what is selling right now, but it's not exactly innovative, and that's why we haven't done another MTO version.

Of course, Leatherman has the same problem lately.  The Free series was crap, the Tread was little more than a publicity stunt and now their three new models this year (the PST 3, Half a Wave and Costco Exclusive Confused Wingman) are not exactly imaginative either.

Say what you will about Gerber and SOG, but I have to say the Power Access Assist is a worthy successor to the PowerLock, and the Center Drive is an excellent redesign that both advances and yet stays true to classic Gerbers.

I miss Wenger and thei innovations and collaborations, and it's sad that these companies no longer invest in the innovative and bizarre.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $162.25
PayPal Fees: $8.81
Net Balance: $153.44
Below Goal: $146.56
Site Currency: USD
51%