Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media Stuff

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Social Media Stuff
Reply #480 on: May 11, 2022, 04:20:03 PM
The Subcom was one I just had to have and got it for a good price :tu:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #481 on: May 12, 2022, 01:08:51 AM
By the way, for those following this, it will be a bit haphazard over the next couple of weeks as we are going to be out of town and away from my collection.  I'll post what I can, when I can.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #482 on: May 12, 2022, 12:34:30 PM
Pull to eject indeed!  The Res-Q-Me tool is an ideal thing to have in your car for emergencies.

Equipped with a glass breaker and seat belt cutter the Res-Q-Me tool is ideal for self extraction, and simple enough to use with the inevitable shock you are likely to be feeling after an impact.

Like many rescue oriented tools, it's one I hopebyou all have and never have to use!  Read about all rescue tools and share your thoughts in our Rescue Tool subforum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?board=35.0

@resqme.inc #rescue #resqme #rescuetool #rescuetools #selfextrication #caraccident #emergencyresponse #multitooldotorg #multitool #pulltoeject #emergencysituation

* IMG_20220512_073206_344.jpg (Filesize: 93.95 KB)

* IMG_20220512_073206_390.jpg (Filesize: 52.3 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #483 on: May 13, 2022, 12:38:00 PM
In keeping with the automotive theme we started yesterday, today's Tool Of The Day post is all about the Victorinox AutoTool.

It's not often that a company like Victorinox misses the mark, but the AutoTool was definitely not a success- which of course makes it a very important piece for collectors!

Read all about the weird and unique features of the AutoTool at SAKWiki.com!
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=AutoTool

@victorinoxitalia @victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinox @victorinox_dach #victorinox #victorinoxautotool #autotool #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #sakwiki #multitool #automotivetools #multitooldotorg #collectortools #collector #sakcollector

* 16524382110610.jpg (Filesize: 158.43 KB)

* 16524382111161.jpg (Filesize: 179.67 KB)

* 16524382111552.jpg (Filesize: 157.12 KB)

* 16524382112113.jpg (Filesize: 210.59 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #484 on: May 13, 2022, 04:32:48 PM
The Auto Tool was always quirky for sure :tu: Nice tool for any Vic collector 8) :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #485 on: May 13, 2022, 07:09:35 PM
I have a couple of them- this particular one is a bit broken though.  The loop aro7nd the ice scraper has a gap in it.  I actually managed to buy a replacement ice scraper years ago, with a solid loop, but there's no way to install it without cutting out the riveted pin or breaking the scraper in exactly the same way as the one I would replace!   :facepalm:

It's not often Victorinox screws something up, but when they do....   :ahhh

I love it because it is absolutely mental!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #486 on: May 16, 2022, 01:31:21 PM
Leatherman's Crunch model proves that even a multitool benefits from doing one thing well!

Without a lot of other features the Crunch has continued to be a very popular model largely because of it's locking plier head, a feature that is very under-represented in the multitool industry.

Check out why the Crunch has been a solid performer for over 20 years in the Multitool Encyclopedia, only at Multitool.org!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Crunch

@leathermancanada @leathermanuk @leathermantools @leathermantaiwan #Leatherman #leathermancrunch #leathermantool #leathermanmultitool #Crunch #crunchtool #lockingpliers #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #edc

* 16527006147860.jpg (Filesize: 152.69 KB)

* 16527006148281.jpg (Filesize: 177.18 KB)

* 16527006148632.jpg (Filesize: 166.42 KB)

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #487 on: May 17, 2022, 01:58:16 AM
Leatherman's Crunch model proves that even a multitool benefits from doing one thing well!

Without a lot of other features the Crunch has continued to be a very popular model largely because of it's locking plier head, a feature that is very under-represented in the multitool industry.

Check out why the Crunch has been a solid performer for over 20 years in the Multitool Encyclopedia, only at Multitool.org!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Crunch

@leathermancanada @leathermanuk @leathermantools @leathermantaiwan #Leatherman #leathermancrunch #leathermantool #leathermanmultitool #Crunch #crunchtool #lockingpliers #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #edc
I like mine. Picked it up at a junk shop for less than $10. Barely a mark on it.   :D
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #488 on: May 17, 2022, 01:22:46 PM
I paid more than that for my knockoff Crunch!  Great score!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #489 on: May 17, 2022, 01:41:56 PM
Today's Tool Of The Day is a Legend- literally!  This is the Gerber MP800 Legend, not to be mistaken for the slightly smaller and lighter MP700 Urban Legend.

With replaceable cutters and saw blade the Legend was the largest of the MultiPlier series, although not as large as some of Gerber's other tools like the Freehand or some of their speSmurfpillst tools like the Cable Dawg telecommunications tool or GroundBreaker electrician's tool.

Read all about the various Multipliers and other tools in our Gerber forum! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,21.0.html

@gerbergear #Gerber #gerbergear #gerbermultitools #gerberlegend #gerberlegendaryblades #gerbermp800 #mp800 #mp800legend #Legend #multitool #multitooldotorg

* 16527876645060.jpg (Filesize: 174.52 KB)

* 16527876645351.jpg (Filesize: 200.29 KB)

* 16527876645622.jpg (Filesize: 188.51 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #490 on: May 17, 2022, 01:43:27 PM
The Crunch is the best :like: :like: and the Legend has always interested me but never have picked one up  ::) :facepalm: :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #491 on: May 17, 2022, 01:50:28 PM
I like it, it's a good tool, but honestly it doesn't really get much (or any) EDC time.  I find it a bit bulky due to the contoured handles.  They are super comfortable though, and I think for a tradesperson that is using their tool constantly, it would be very much appreciated. 

For me, the use is sporadic and not usually too involved, so the lack of bulk beats out the long term comfort benefits.

At least that's my take on it.  That and, as the largest member of the MultiPlier Family, it is an important piece for a collector.

Def

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #492 on: May 17, 2022, 08:48:29 PM
I used to have a MP800, but I gave it to a work mate and got the Center-drive instead.
The MP800 is a very good tool :like:
And I kind of want another.

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #493 on: May 18, 2022, 03:10:28 PM
I have felt the same way about every tool I have sold, given away or traded!   :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #494 on: May 18, 2022, 03:11:07 PM
I would say the Wenger Esquire is a classic, but that just doesn't seem right, so i guess I'll call it archetypal instead!

With a nail file, self sharpening scissors, knife blade, toothpick and tweezers the Esquire is arguably one of the best tools you can get that also takes up virtually no extra space.

Plus this one says Canada on it, so obviously it's one of my favorites!  Read all about it at SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Esquire

@wenger_official #Wenger #wengeresquire #Esquire #esq #canada #canadianflag #keychaintool #keychaintools #sakwiki #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights

* 16528784499951.jpg (Filesize: 237.24 KB)

* 16528784500302.jpg (Filesize: 214.16 KB)

* 16528784499660.jpg (Filesize: 237 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #495 on: May 19, 2022, 01:35:20 PM
When it comes to a tool that you can put on your keychain and not bodice until you need it, few are as seamless as the Utili-Key from Swiss*Tech.

Shaped like a key itself, the Utili-Key is also its own carabiner clip, making it very easy to take off your keys, use and put back.  If convenient function was an Olympic event, the Utili-Key would be a serious contender for the gold!

Read more about the Utili-Key on our forum.  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,4262.0.html

@swisstechusa #swisstech #swisstechutilikey #swisstechutilitykey #utilikey #keychaintool #keychaintools #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #forum #edc #edctool

* 16529597374782.jpg (Filesize: 108.21 KB)

* 16529594765600.jpg (Filesize: 223.92 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #496 on: May 19, 2022, 02:56:42 PM
When it comes to a tool that you can put on your keychain and not bodice until you need it, few are as seamless as the Utili-Key from Swiss*Tech.

Shaped like a key itself, the Utili-Key is also its own carabiner clip, making it very easy to take off your keys, use and put back.  If convenient function was an Olympic event, the Utili-Key would be a serious contender for the gold!

Read more about the Utili-Key on our forum.  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,4262.0.html

@swisstechusa #swisstech #swisstechutilikey #swisstechutilitykey #utilikey #keychaintool #keychaintools #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #forum #edc #edctool

:dd: :dd: :dd: :dd:

Show content
Yup, that's how my filthy mind works...

:facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #497 on: May 19, 2022, 03:51:43 PM
Apparently that is how my filthy autocorrect works too.   :facepalm:

If I'd noticed that earlier I'd have probably used that hashing and gotten a lot more views om IG!

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #498 on: May 19, 2022, 07:59:37 PM
 :iagree: :rofl: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #499 on: May 20, 2022, 08:12:50 PM
When it comes to rescue tools, the key feature needs to be simplicity.  In an emergency, no one should need to stop and fiddle with something.

The Blackhawk Hawkhook (try saying that 5 times fast!) is pretty simple- it incorporates a prybar, bottle opener, serrated blade and a hook cutter all in a single, one handed opening, frame lock design.

Join in the Rescue Tool discussion in our Rescue Tool Forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,35.0.html

#blackhawk #blackhawktool #blackhawkhawkhook #Rescue #rescuetools #rescuetool #emt #firefighter #rescueworker #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum

* 16530702759240.jpg (Filesize: 196.8 KB)

* 16530702759501.jpg (Filesize: 205.05 KB)

* 16530702759702.jpg (Filesize: 201.89 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #500 on: May 24, 2022, 01:59:28 PM
How about some 58mm model love?  This is one of my favorites- the Victorinox Midnight Manager!

With the same basic tools as the Rambler, the basic Manager model swaps in a retractable pen scale instead of the standard one, and the Midnight Manager goes a step further by swapping the other standard scale for an LED light.

Read more about the Rambler, Manager, Midnight Manager and more at SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Manager

@victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinoxitalia @victorinox @victorinox_dach #victorinox #swissarmy #victorinoxmidnightmanager #midnightmanager #58mm #victorinoxswissarmyknife #rambler #Manager #sakwiki #swissarmyknights #keychain

* 16533935134370.jpg (Filesize: 217.09 KB)

* 16533935134671.jpg (Filesize: 221.46 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #501 on: May 24, 2022, 08:38:56 PM
How about some 58mm model love?  This is one of my favorites- the Victorinox Midnight Manager!

With the same basic tools as the Rambler, the basic Manager model swaps in a retractable pen scale instead of the standard one, and the Midnight Manager goes a step further by swapping the other standard scale for an LED light.

Read more about the Rambler, Manager, Midnight Manager and more at SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Manager

@victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinoxitalia @victorinox @victorinox_dach #victorinox #swissarmy #victorinoxmidnightmanager #midnightmanager #58mm #victorinoxswissarmyknife #rambler #Manager #sakwiki #swissarmyknights #keychain

My usual EDC. Not much it can't do.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #502 on: May 25, 2022, 01:46:44 PM
A few weeks ago we featured the Screwball, and now it's time for a look at the Screwzall- no one screws like the folks at Swiss*Tech!

It is as simple as they come- two flatheads and two Phillips screwdrivers and a keyring.  One look at it and you can't help but say "Why didn't I think of that?"

Read about this and hundreds of other cool tools for your keychain in our forum- only at Multitool.org!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?board=36.0

@swisstechusa #swisstech #swisstechscrewzall #screwzall #multitooldotorg #multitool #keychaintool #keychain #screwdriver #whydidntithinkofthat #edc #edctool

* 16534791559000.jpg (Filesize: 137.02 KB)

* 16534791559271.jpg (Filesize: 142.7 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #503 on: May 25, 2022, 03:23:59 PM
That one, I do have :like: and it is pretty good and very compact :woohoo: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #504 on: May 25, 2022, 08:16:00 PM
That one, I do have :like: and it is pretty good and very compact :woohoo: :like:

Yeah, designs don't come much simpler than that.

Def

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #505 on: May 26, 2022, 12:29:34 AM
A few weeks ago we featured the Screwball, and now it's time for a look at the Screwzall- no one screws like the folks at Swiss*Tech!

It is as simple as they come- two flatheads and two Phillips screwdrivers and a keyring.  One look at it and you can't help but say "Why didn't I think of that?"

Read about this and hundreds of other cool tools for your keychain in our forum- only at Multitool.org!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?board=36.0

@swisstechusa #swisstech #swisstechscrewzall #screwzall #multitooldotorg #multitool #keychaintool #keychain #screwdriver #whydidntithinkofthat #edc #edctool
Looks like it's just the handles from Swiss*Tech's version of the Seber Tool.
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #506 on: May 26, 2022, 03:30:33 AM
I have often wondered if that was the origin of this tool.  It definitely does look like leftover parts of the Micro Technician series!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #507 on: May 26, 2022, 06:44:17 PM
People often ask me what is the best tool- and the answer is simple.  You can always your time, think of the features you want most in a tool, or you can buy a Victorinox Spirit and be happy!

This particular version is the Spirit X, which also happens to be my favorite as it includes both scissors and the standard drop point blade that is more in keeping with Victorinox products.

Learn all there is to know about the Spirit, only at SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Spirit

@victorinoxitalia @victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinox #Victorinox #victorinoxspirit #victorinoxspiritx #swisstool #swisstoolspirit #swisstoolspiritx #spirit #Spiritx #swissarmyknights #sakwiki #swissarmyknife

* 16535832665280.jpg (Filesize: 233.48 KB)

* 16535832665561.jpg (Filesize: 225.13 KB)

* 16535832665882.jpg (Filesize: 235.13 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #508 on: May 30, 2022, 12:33:52 PM
Something brand spanking new today- the CRKT Triple Play!

We see a lot of tools oriented to military and emergency workers, but what about a tool dedicated to having a good time?  For that, you need the Triple Play from Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT).

Designed by Philip Booth, the Triple Play features a bottle opener, corkscrew, foil cutter and a very nice drop point utility blade, all in a very refined package.

Multitools like the Triple Play fit in well with our Backwoods Cuisine section! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,51.0.html

@philipboothknife @crkt_knives #philipbooth #columbiariverknifeandtool #columbiariverknifeandtools #crkt #crkttripleplay #tripleplay #bartool #bartools #corkscrew #corkscrews #multitooldotorg #multitool

As an aside, I have to say that while I have always been content with CRKT's fit and finish, I have to say that this one is almost SAK like.  The backspacing fit together so smoothly that it looks like one piece of steel instead of four.

Way to go CRKT!  You knocked this one out ofbthe park!

Def

* 16539066361680.jpg (Filesize: 95.62 KB)

* 16539066362231.jpg (Filesize: 147.27 KB)

* 16539066362672.jpg (Filesize: 261.15 KB)

* 16539066362983.jpg (Filesize: 252.05 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #509 on: May 30, 2022, 12:36:44 PM
Bonus pics for the forum so you can see what I am talking about.

And no, I am not sucking up because they sent me this one to evaluate- I paid full Canadian retail for this puppy.   :facepalm:

Def

* 16539069028040.jpg (Filesize: 152.63 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%