Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media Stuff

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Social Media Stuff
Reply #630 on: August 04, 2022, 01:46:12 PM
While the Crucial platform may not have been the most successful design for Gerber, this F.A.S.T. version (I think that stands for Folder Assist Spring Technology or something) is arguably the best.

With an assisted opening main blade and locking screwdrivers the Crucial F.A.S.T. was able to handle more than many tools it's size, and the red and black coloring on the G-10 and aluminum handles really made it stand out!

Here's a look back at the review I wrote for the Crucial F.A.S.T. way back in 2011 when it was first released! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,26445.0.html

@gerbergear #Gerber #gerbermultitools #Gerbermultitool #gerbercrucial #gerbercrucialfast #assistedopeningknife #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #tooloftheday #edc

* 16596135329190.jpg (Filesize: 277.17 KB)

* 16596135329461.jpg (Filesize: 268.54 KB)

* 16596135329722.jpg (Filesize: 316.8 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #631 on: August 04, 2022, 01:49:15 PM
Oh yeah, and you will unfortunately have to check out the IG post to see the video of the blade firing out.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #632 on: August 05, 2022, 12:58:23 PM
If you aren't a member of our forum then you may never have seen this fascinating tool from Leatherman, called the T-Rex.

Originally this rescue tool was designed to make use of leftover metal once the blades of the Skeletool and Freestyle were cut out, but after a few further design changes and finding out the name T-Rex was already trademarked, Leatherman ended up producing the Z-Rex instead.  Before that happened, 100 (I believe, maybe the folks @leathermantools can verify) T-Rex models were manufactured and sent to dealers/distributors worldwide.

You can see more about this tool that doesn't exist on our forum at https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,46875.0.html

@leathermanuk @leathermancanada #Leatherman #leathermantrex #leathermanzrex #rescue #rescuetools #rescuetool #leathermanprototype #multitool #multitooldotorg #prototype #prototypetools #tooloftheday

* 16596967010621.jpg (Filesize: 193.07 KB)

* 16596967010060.jpg (Filesize: 155.44 KB)

* 16596967010902.jpg (Filesize: 196.34 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #633 on: August 05, 2022, 01:45:05 PM
Cool !    8)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #634 on: August 05, 2022, 02:01:03 PM
Yeah, some of the weird things that come my way are astounding sometimes,  I recall Leatherman posting the sheet of steel after the blades were cut out, saying something about what they were going to do with the leftover material.  Then a little while later they posted the T-Rex saying that was what they were doing with it, and then nothing for a while.  Then at SHOT the next year they introduced the Z-Rex.

I don't believe the Z-Rex has any reclaimed excess material in it, so they basically designed a tool specifically to use excess material then refined it to the point where it didn't.   :facepalm:

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #635 on: August 05, 2022, 03:33:09 PM
That is a big business for you :rofl:

:like:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #636 on: August 06, 2022, 06:44:55 PM
Another forum shout out!

If ever there was a holy grail of Gerber collecting, this fantastic First Production Run MultiPlier would probably be it.

With a high polish finish, nail nicks that don't line up with the handle cutouts, no locking tools and a plier head shape that just doesn't seem quite right, you can see this tool had a lot of refinements to come, and yet, it's the unmistakable ancestor of the current MP600- and in fact, most of Gerber's multitool line.  You can even see how close the handles come to eachother, which is the origin of its unofficial name, Mr. Pinchy!

You forgot to mention the scissors that hardly cut, and the thickest lanyard ring that has ever been seen on an MT !   :pok:   :rofl:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #637 on: August 06, 2022, 06:46:59 PM
That's what we call "character."

:D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #638 on: August 08, 2022, 01:08:11 PM
I'm not a fan of this kind of wallet, but since this is a multitool group I had to give the Finacial Tool from Nite Ize a try.

As you can see, it is just larger than a credit card and has silicone straps to hold cards and cash securely, in addition tobthe scraper, screwdriver, bottle opener and wrench cutouts, making this more useful than my usual leather trifold wallet.

You can see all my thoughts on the Financial Tool on our forum! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,66584.0.html

@niteize @niteizeuk #niteize #niteizefinancialtool #finacialtool #wallet #wallettool #hardwallet #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #tooloftheday #edc

* 16599568326980.jpg (Filesize: 122.99 KB)

* 16599568327341.jpg (Filesize: 124.59 KB)

* 16599568327672.jpg (Filesize: 152.34 KB)

* 16599568328183.jpg (Filesize: 146.59 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #639 on: August 09, 2022, 05:14:32 PM
I'm not a fan of this kind of wallet, but since this is a multitool group I had to give the Finacial Tool from Nite Ize a try.

As you can see, it is just larger than a credit card and has silicone straps to hold cards and cash securely, in addition tobthe scraper, screwdriver, bottle opener and wrench cutouts, making this more useful than my usual leather trifold wallet.

You can see all my thoughts on the Financial Tool on our forum! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,66584.0.html

@niteize @niteizeuk #niteize #niteizefinancialtool #finacialtool #wallet #wallettool #hardwallet #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #tooloftheday #edc

Nice! Can it take real money?

:whistle:

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #640 on: August 09, 2022, 05:30:33 PM
What are Portuguese escudos worth these days?   :pok:

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #641 on: August 09, 2022, 05:31:17 PM
This olive scaled Victorinox Pioneer is part of a limited run of 50 knives produced in 2011.

For those not familiar with the Pioneer, it is the civilian version of the Soldier knife, which is the model issued to the Swiss Army between 1961 and 2007.  The only differences between the two models are cosmetic, and that means you can have real military ruggedness in your pocket.

Read all about the Pioneer in the Sacred Scrolls of the Swiss Army Knights, known as SAKWiki.com!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Pioneer

@victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinox @victorinoxitalia #victorinox #victorinoxpioneer #victorinoxolivegreen #victorinoxalox #alox #aloxswissarmyknife #aloxpioneer #sakwiki #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights

* 16600589599652.jpg (Filesize: 139.19 KB)

* 16600589598290.jpg (Filesize: 104.74 KB)

* 16600589599111.jpg (Filesize: 140.08 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #642 on: August 10, 2022, 12:48:15 PM
What are Portuguese escudos worth these days?   :pok:

Def

A lot, they're out of circulation for ages, since we started using Euros.

:D :D

Show content
When we changed, the exchange rate was €1 = 200$486. Not to bad for mentally converting values. We just need to think of €1 = 200$ and we were golden!

8) 8)

Well, not really. The minimum wage was about €300 back them, which meant you could work a full month and get paid with a single bank note (€500), for which you had to give some money back.

:facepalm:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #643 on: August 10, 2022, 03:40:38 PM
One of the most highly sought after multitools for collectors is this USA made SpydeRench from Spyderco.

I'd need at least a dozen photos to show you all of the details of this amazing tool, which features an adjustable wrench, slip jointed pliers, locking blade, and it accepts 1/4" (4mm) bits, which is carries within its own body- and that's in addition to the two screwdriver ends on the removable diamond file!

Find out what makes the SpydeRench so cool on our forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34364.0.html

@spyderco_inc @spyderco_knives #spyderco #spydercousa #spydercospyderench #spyderench #usamade #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #spydercocollection #spydercocollector #collectible #whitewhale

* 16601386012700.jpg (Filesize: 221.55 KB)

* 16601386013011.jpg (Filesize: 208.18 KB)

* 16601386013352.jpg (Filesize: 194.17 KB)

* 16601386013823.jpg (Filesize: 263.68 KB)

de Offline tinker gnome

Reply #644 on: August 10, 2022, 06:45:49 PM
Hi Grant,

I guess you built this

... and it accepts 1/4" (4mm) bits, which it carries within its own body ...

in to check if we're thoroughly reading your posts ...  :think:

GOTCHA!   :rofl:

So, no, 1/4 inch is 6,35 mm wide. The standard size, so to say. 4mm bits are the Vic Cybertool size, and less usual.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:48:55 PM by tinker gnome »
Best regards and stay safe,

Wolfgang

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #645 on: August 10, 2022, 07:11:15 PM
Oops.... I meant to type 6mm, not 4mm.

I guess I need to proofread these better!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #646 on: August 11, 2022, 12:52:34 PM
Is it a knife with pliers, or pliers with a knife?  This New Ranger 73, called the Electrician from Wenger really blurred the lines between a Swiss Army Knife and a multitool!

Featuring a set of pliers that fold into the handle, the electrician's blade in place of the usual can opener gives this model its name- and with a flathead and wire stripping notch on the bottle opener, and a Phillips head on the back, the New Ranger 73 offers up a lot of utility no matter what kind of work you are doing with it.

For more information on the Electrician, check out the archives at SAKWiki, maintained by our own loyal Swiss Army Knights!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+Ranger+73+-+Electrician

@wenger_official #Wenger #wengerranger #wengernewranger #wengerranger73 #wengernewranger73 #newranger #ranger73 #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #sakwiki #tooloftheday

* 16602150855950.jpg (Filesize: 277.71 KB)

* 16602150856411.jpg (Filesize: 279.41 KB)

* 16602150856872.jpg (Filesize: 236.11 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #647 on: August 12, 2022, 01:22:17 PM
The first of Leatherman's five original Juice models to be discontinued was the KF4- a decision that baffles collectors and users alike.

While also offered in Storm Grey, the Solar Yellow pictured here was by far the most iconic, and the only Leatherman model to be offered in this color.  There were also two extremely rare camouflage versions of the KF4 offered for sale exclusively in Australia.

See what makes the KF4 so special with the Multitool Encyclopedia- only at Multitool.org!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=KF4

@leathermantools @leathermancanada @leathermanuk @leathermanau #Leatherman #leathermanjuice #leathermanjuicekf4 #juice #juicekf4 #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #tooloftheday #leathermantool #leathermancollection #leathermancollectorsclub #leathermancollector

* 16603032662920.jpg (Filesize: 179.05 KB)

* 16603032663561.jpg (Filesize: 224.7 KB)

* 16603032664012.jpg (Filesize: 188.92 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #648 on: August 15, 2022, 01:51:32 PM
When it comes to compact, do anything knives that disappear in your pocket and are classy enough to carry at an event, the Victorinox Cadet is a hard model to beat.

With Aluminum Oxide (ALOX) handles that are available in different colors the Cadet fits almost every situation and is about as unobtrusive as a pocket knife can get, while still offering a lot of functions.  Earlier models had a small blade instead of the nail file on this version, but I think this configuration is better!

Read all about the Cadet at SAKWiki.com! 
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Cadet

@victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinox @victorinoxitalia #victorinox #victorinoxcadet #victorinoxcadetalox #victorinoxcadetaloxsilver #alox #aloxcadet #aloxcadets #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #sakwiki #sak

* 16605639929640.jpg (Filesize: 136.95 KB)

* 16605639930232.jpg (Filesize: 142.13 KB)

* 16605639930001.jpg (Filesize: 128.16 KB)

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #649 on: August 15, 2022, 03:32:53 PM
The Cadet is my favorite "dress" knife. Doesn't bulge out, even when I'm in some crappy rented tux without real pockets. I don't know how many times I've been at a banquet or something and been the only one who had a nail file for someone to borrow.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #650 on: August 15, 2022, 04:12:40 PM
I love the nail file.

At 84mm and having a naile file it might as well be a Wenger model!

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #651 on: August 15, 2022, 05:39:46 PM
Some really great tools and SAKs the last few days :salute: :like: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #652 on: August 16, 2022, 10:07:25 AM
Thanks!  I try to keep it interesting!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #653 on: August 16, 2022, 12:42:02 PM
Okay, I get it, I talk a lot about cool tools, but this one takes the prize because it is actually called the Cool Tool!

Before Gerber bought the rights to produce these the Cool Tool was successful on its own in the cycling world.  Since then there have been two variants, this stainless steel version (pictured here) and the Titanium version which I have never been rich nor lucky enough to be able to obtain!

There is lots of history and other info on the Cool Tool both on the forum: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,4956.0.html

And in the Multitool Encyclopedia: https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Cool+Tool

@gerbergear #Gerber #Gerbermultitool #gerbermultitools #gerbergear #easydoesnt #gerbercooltool #cooltool #cooltools #collectortools #biketool #biketools #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #multitoolforum

* 16606464570543.jpg (Filesize: 138.38 KB)

* 16606464570784.jpg (Filesize: 171.54 KB)

* 16606464571015.jpg (Filesize: 97.17 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #654 on: August 16, 2022, 01:54:13 PM
Cool !    :D

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #655 on: August 16, 2022, 02:14:57 PM

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #656 on: August 16, 2022, 02:48:13 PM
Yeah, the Cool Tool is pretty darned phenomenal. The longer you look at it, the more functions you notice!

Def

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #657 on: August 16, 2022, 04:34:47 PM
That's way c... errr.... awesome  :like:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #658 on: August 16, 2022, 05:08:52 PM
A bit more info on it:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #659 on: August 16, 2022, 06:41:19 PM
A bit more info on it:

That's cool and all, but if you read the forum link, a friend of the original designer/artist Robert Seals chimes in.   :D

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%