Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Discovery Channel's "Survivorman"

Splat · 105 · 15054

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Discovery Channel's "Survivorman"
Reply #90 on: November 09, 2008, 12:23:55 AM
I have seen that 1 as well very good program :tu:

he actually filmed it between the first and second season of Survivorman :)

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #91 on: November 09, 2008, 01:49:25 AM
off the grid is way nice to see,i wish i could do the same and just move to woods,and rebuild my own home,and be as independent as i can,from powercompanies etc.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: November 09, 2008, 01:58:56 AM
I've seen off the grid as well, very informative. His book is due in a week or two.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: November 09, 2008, 02:03:26 AM
yeah dont brag about it,as im SURE it wont ever be imported to Finland,with translation or even without.

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #94 on: November 09, 2008, 01:56:12 PM
Just saw an Article that Les is calling it quits after this season...

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #95 on: November 10, 2008, 12:43:27 AM
yeah dont brag about it,as im SURE it wont ever be imported to Finland,with translation or even without.

IF I get it, and IF you don't mind the English version, you can have mine when I'm done with it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: November 10, 2008, 02:07:23 PM

IF I get it, and IF you don't mind the English version, you can have mine when I'm done with it.

Def

Sound soooo good sir big chief sir :salute:

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #97 on: November 10, 2008, 04:19:55 PM

May I ask why they willnot import the book into Finland? I may not agree with all of Les's exploits and methods but he seems to be pretty popular.

Dtrain

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: November 10, 2008, 04:34:35 PM

May I ask why they willnot import the book into Finland? I may not agree with all of Les's exploits and methods but he seems to be pretty popular.

Dtrain

He may not be perfect but he is very knowledgeable. There is a lot to learn from him, and besides gaining knowledge and the ability to learn from anyone is the key.

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #99 on: November 10, 2008, 08:07:43 PM

Dtrain

He may not be perfect but he is very knowledgeable. There is a lot to learn from him, and besides gaining knowledge and the ability to learn from anyone is the key.

I feel the same way about him, same way about Bear Gryllis, I hav always felt that there is something to be learned from everyone. What I can't figure out is why his book would not be let into Finland? Last I heard Finland was not a Repressive country.

Dtrain

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: November 10, 2008, 08:34:35 PM

Dtrain

cause were like russia of eu countries,and were one of the most expensive/high tax countries with stupid politics etc.i wont bother to waste any money for the over pricedstuf fthey sell here,i buy overseas as long as the prices drop so im doin it forever :D.and back to topic :D,i think it wont appear,the book,on any store as the outdoor culture is very different here and we stick to old traditional methods heritaged from ancestors,theres nothin wrong with it,but here most of the ilderness folk really dont like american stuff and ways.im kind of oddball even among my friends as i cross the un-drawn lines by reading foreign mag´s and books and carry different,imported gear without any hesitation.

its like....im talkin about the sas manual i got from Mike,to my pals,and theyre watchin  me like crazy..."they didnt say that in finnish scoutbook or in finnish outdoor guide" :D

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #101 on: November 10, 2008, 08:38:07 PM
I understand now. Heaven forbid when someone wants to break the mold and explore a bit.

Dtrain

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #102 on: November 12, 2008, 04:44:17 AM
Expressing individuality is just plain WRONG!! :o
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #103 on: November 12, 2008, 04:50:51 AM
I've been DVRing Survivorman lately and think they should have called the show Starvingman :D

I've seen about 4 episodes and all except the Cook Island episode, he coulden't catch anything!

Really interesting show though...got me thinking of something.  Someone could make a fortune selling "survival experiences"...have people pay to be dropped off on an island for a week with little in the way of supplies and they can "experience" a survival situation for a few thousand bucks!  Supply them with a satellite phone though in case things get scary :P

[

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #104 on: November 12, 2008, 05:06:20 AM
I've been DVRing Survivorman lately and think they should have called the show Starvingman :D

I've seen about 4 episodes and all except the Cook Island episode, he coulden't catch anything!

Really interesting show though...got me thinking of something.  Someone could make a fortune selling "survival experiences"...have people pay to be dropped off on an island for a week with little in the way of supplies and they can "experience" a survival situation for a few thousand bucks!  Supply them with a satellite phone though in case things get scary :P

There are survival schools out there. Jeff Randall of RAT cutlery has a survival school http://www.jungletraining.com/ where they actually drop you off in the amazon with a group and teach you survival surviving the jungle. I'd love to do, but can't atm zzz.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%