Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Heritage PST back in stock at Leatherman.com

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Heritage PST back in stock at Leatherman.com
Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 04:50:59 PM
Sorry...it is not anyone here. I am just ticked off at Leatherman once again. I will get over it sometime
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 05:08:53 PM
Yep, no envy or jealousy from me... I just make too many smart aleck comments to people I like  :twak: 

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 07:27:31 PM
Its easy to joke in these threads when you can make about three clicks with the mouse and have whatever new toy you want show up in your mailbox in 4 days.  I'm sure its not so funny when you see this stuff dangled in front of you and Leatherman won't sell you one.

There are people here in America who I think I shouldn't be able to buy certain stuff, so I totally get it.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #33 on: November 03, 2021, 08:54:57 PM
Love my PST, but will never pay high dollar for that!
Last PST I got from a garage sale was $10 in mint condition!
Enjoy!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 09:05:31 PM

Sorry...it is not anyone here. I am just ticked off at Leatherman once again. I will get over it sometime

I'm sure must be multiple solutions on how to get one of these if one really wanted to get one north of the border.

ca Offline buggs

Reply #35 on: November 04, 2021, 01:27:54 AM
I called them direct only to be told there are no leather sheaths in Canada so they can't sell them here.... :facepalm:

Do they not come with them already in the package? I really do hate Leatherman.

They are even more odd in that they are one of the few retailers stateside that will not allow me to use my credit card (billing address in Canada) and provide a shipping address in the U.S.  That used to be fairly prevalent say 20 years ago, but there are few now that care if you are billed in Canada and ship to U.S. so long as you're paying U.S. dollars.   I certainly get the fraud potential aspect of it though.

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Reply #36 on: November 04, 2021, 07:49:29 AM
I'd love to get one but;
1) LM (US) won't ship to the UK  ::) (they actually hate us  :megaslap:)

2) There's no guarantee that it would arrive - I've lost a SAK and a PST 2 (albeit private sale/shipping etc)

Good luck to those that can  :tu:

Around here we have a few companies that import stuff from abroad - I send them the links, they quote a price. If I am willing to pay it - they buy the stuff, import it, deal with paying the duties and fees. I receive it at my door or the near courier office. What's great about them is that they also have foreign storage places and address so this way I can order from paces that won't ship outside of the US. This way the risk is theirs, should something go wrong. If you search around I guess you have such services in the UK too.

I called them direct only to be told there are no leather sheaths in Canada so they can't sell them here.... :facepalm:

Do they not come with them already in the package? I really do hate Leatherman.

Local Leatherman dealers can be frustrating, ours are .... let's just say dissatisfying. Is there some problem with leather sheaths in Canada in general, like not allowed to import them, or just Leatherman don't have what they need ?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: November 04, 2021, 08:48:34 AM
There are no more local Leatherman dealers in Canada. Leatherman is only selling through their website. I got a local shop's Leatherman display case free after the owner was pissed off at Leatherman dropping all their dealers with no notification. Even big stores like Canadian Tire can no longer get Leatherman products. I was told recently that Leatherman finally sent out letters notifying their now dropped dealer network of the change.

I like their products but their business practices leave a lot to be desired...especially for collector folks like me.

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Reply #38 on: November 04, 2021, 09:47:34 AM
Too bad to hear that. I was not referring to a big (or small) store with a leatherman stand but rather the official representative for the country that holds the leatherman.(the country code) website. At least here the owner and operator of that site is a local company that is partner of sort to leatherman inc, not leatherman themselves. And they ain't good. The Curl just showed up several days ago and guess if those Free clips for the Bond ever appeared  :D

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #39 on: November 04, 2021, 12:15:17 PM
There are no more local Leatherman dealers in Canada. Leatherman is only selling through their website. I got a local shop's Leatherman display case free after the owner was pissed off at Leatherman dropping all their dealers with no notification. Even big stores like Canadian Tire can no longer get Leatherman products. I was told recently that Leatherman finally sent out letters notifying their now dropped dealer network of the change.

I like their products but their business practices leave a lot to be desired...especially for collector folks like me.

That's no way of doing business  >:(.

No wonder local dealers are p*ssed off, and what about customers who have a warranty claim?   

Over here you need to go to a local dealer (preferably the one where you bought the tool) and let him deal with Leatherman (that is, with the Leatherman distributor/importer for your country).

But if those local dealers are no longer connected to leatherman, you can hardly expect them to act as middleman between the customer and Leatherman U.S.A. for the next 25 years.

In my opinion that's a very poor way of treating their customers and dealers from Leatherman.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: November 04, 2021, 12:31:45 PM
In Canada, you deal with Leatherman direct...which makes their shenanigans all the more glaring. Yes I get that they need to stock their Canada warehouse...but I do not understand their stance on the issue.

Ah well...I think I may have an in to getting the PST...but I do hate bothering people in general.

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: November 04, 2021, 02:54:29 PM
when you can make about three clicks with the mouse and have whatever new toy you want show up in your mailbox in 4 days.

Only if you have enough disposable income  :ahhh

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #42 on: November 04, 2021, 04:18:13 PM

That clears it all up. ::)   :facepalm:

us Offline primeholy

Reply #43 on: November 04, 2021, 06:11:49 PM
I ordered a pocket clip for my wave+ (which shouldve been included) on October 27th. I received an email on the 30th saying it shipped, but the tracking info says the item hasnt even been received yet. :gimme:

Offline cnlson

Reply #44 on: November 04, 2021, 06:25:55 PM
not jealousy.
I'm not making jokes, but I am jealous and envious. Maybe even covetous.

I could contentedly spend all day looking at pictures of your collection

Offline cnlson

Reply #45 on: November 04, 2021, 07:00:02 PM

So this was confusing to me, so I did a little quick research, not definitive, but it appears this might be due to Canada, not Leatherman. I found an article about a 2018 law that bans nearly all knife Imports to Canada for knives that can be "flicked" open (think thumb stud, flipper, gravity, thumb hole, ect.) and I think leather sheath is in another law. Nylon seem ok, but leather seems to be the sticking point. Anyone saying they'd send you one would also face seizure at customs, and especially if bringing it in on their person.

So it might not be Leatherman, it might be trudeau.

ca Offline buggs

Reply #46 on: November 04, 2021, 08:18:14 PM
So this was confusing to me, so I did a little quick research, not definitive, but it appears this might be due to Canada, not Leatherman. I found an article about a 2018 law that bans nearly all knife Imports to Canada for knives that can be "flicked" open (think thumb stud, flipper, gravity, thumb hole, ect.) and I think leather sheath is in another law. Nylon seem ok, but leather seems to be the sticking point. Anyone saying they'd send you one would also face seizure at customs, and especially if bringing it in on their person.

So it might not be Leatherman, it might be trudeau.

Maybe?  I dunno. 

Just to add fuel to the fire I bought a Rebar from a Canadian retailer last year (Sail) that typically doesn't ship, but the Covid lockdowns had them alter their standard business practices for a while (they again don't ship, at least not out of province) so I was able to get the Rebar on a good deal.  There was no indication of the sheath being included but when the product arrived, it came with a leather sheath.  One that looks identical to the one that comes with the Heritage PST.  Maybe it was old stock they had. 

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: November 04, 2021, 10:50:05 PM
That cannot be the case. I bought a Heritage tool from their Canadian portal that came with the Leather sheath.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: November 05, 2021, 11:14:03 AM
I am currently having an American friend gather a few impossible to get items for me. If all goes well, I should be getting this PST along with the Topo Skeletool and that hand free tool Leatherman doesn't like selling north of the border.

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #49 on: November 05, 2021, 12:13:43 PM
I am currently having an American friend gather a few impossible to get items for me. If all goes well, I should be getting this PST along with the Topo Skeletool and that hand free tool Leatherman doesn't like selling north of the border.

Probably the best solution, but why did you have to bring the Topo Skeletool to my attention?   :drool:

us Offline primeholy

Reply #50 on: November 05, 2021, 12:36:52 PM
Probably the best solution, but why did you have to bring the Topo Skeletool to my attention?   :drool:

Looks pretty sweet, doesn't it.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #51 on: November 06, 2021, 02:16:16 PM
 :pok: :pok: you need one.  :multi:  :whistle:

us Offline primeholy

Reply #52 on: November 08, 2021, 01:43:21 PM
:pok: :pok: you need one.  :multi:  :whistle:

Im kinda diggin the signal as well.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: November 08, 2021, 05:12:25 PM
Apparently LM can't even get shipping right these days   :facepalm:

My PST has been in limbo since I ordered it    :twak:

" Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Leatherman Tool Group.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We are aware of this issue with several orders that have recently been shipped with UPS Mail Innovations in the last several days. While all of these package have been confirmed to have left our facility, USPS tracking numbers are the ones that are being sent as opposed to the original. We are hoping to have more information, and as customer contact us, we are updating the information in their orders so it is known that they are affected and require follow up if they do not receive their packages with in the standard timeframes.

We have been informed that updates are occurring once the transfer happens to USPS and deliveries will still happen. Standard shipping is 3-12 business days. My recommendation is that if you have not received your package within this timeframe to reach back out to us so that we may start the missing mail inquiry with USPS and replace this package for you. Some customers whose packages were shipped at the beginning of this situation have received packages, so we do know they are moving through the system. We ask for your patience and understanding as we try to navigate this obstacle.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, "

Shani

Consumer Support SpeSmurfpillst II

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: November 08, 2021, 05:15:30 PM
I guess the smurf filter doesn't like the word spec ialist     :D

us Offline primeholy

Reply #55 on: November 08, 2021, 05:34:33 PM
My order was placed October 27th. I received an email that it was shipped on the 30th. My tracking info on their says "shipment created successfully" but usps says "USPS currently awaiting package"  :dunno:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 05:40:56 PM by primeholy »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: November 08, 2021, 05:45:57 PM
 :facepalm: I will say my order that I made right before the PST became available again, came rather quickly :salute: but I do know how it sucks to watch a package and it not move for days and weeks at a time :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

SpeSmurfpillst :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 02:08:08 AM by Poncho65 »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: November 08, 2021, 06:41:42 PM
Shipping dept.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: November 08, 2021, 08:02:55 PM
 :D

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #59 on: November 08, 2021, 09:15:44 PM
Funny pic SteveC :rofl:

P.S.: Sure, I can laugh now, but when it's me, waiting on a package...

:viking:

I hope things will get sorted out quickly for you guys.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%