Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need Help Estimating Price of Collector Limited Edition Victorinox

Offline Cadwe

• New User
Hello everyone,

I wanted to sell one of my collection knife due to financial issues, but i cannot find any official sales of this item, so i have no idea of its worth? Can you collectors help?

It is the Victorinox Swisschamp limited edition given to employees a few years ago. Here are some pics.

Thanks for the help

* IMG20211025155353[1].jpg (Filesize: 330.76 KB)

* IMG20211025155421[1].jpg (Filesize: 287.75 KB)

* IMG20211025155339[1].jpg (Filesize: 345.85 KB)

* IMG20211025155446[1].jpg (Filesize: 277.83 KB)

nl Offline EMZ

I think in 2020 I saw one offered for sale here in the Netherlands for about 1100-1200 Euro's (1200-1400 US$).
Disclaimer: As far as I can remember...

This edition will maybe sell for more. You can try to auction it on the Bay, or maybe here (I don't know the exact rules on MTO for auctions.).
However, there were made several hundreds or even thousands of this knife, so it is not as rare as some other limited editions.

ru Offline Nick4

However, there were made several hundreds or even thousands of this knife, so it is not as rare as some other limited editions.
If I understand correctly, the number of this knife is 3122/3400 (?). So it's not very rare but nevertheless, valuable.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
I think in 2020 I saw one offered for sale here in the Netherlands for about 1100-1200 Euro's (1200-1400 US$).
Disclaimer: As far as I can remember...

This edition will maybe sell for more. You can try to auction it on the Bay, or maybe here (I don't know the exact rules on MTO for auctions.).

If it was offered for sale at that price, that doesn't mean it sold for that much. There are SAKs for sale on ebay for big money, and people think that's the value of it but they sit unsold for ages. And again, if two bidders go crazy, some auctions can go much higher than the actual value of the item. So who knows :shrug:

As for MTO rules, no auctions. One has to set a price for the item they are selling. :salute:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
If it was offered for sale at that price, that doesn't mean it sold for that much. There are SAKs for sale on ebay for big money, and people think that's the value of it but they sit unsold for ages. And again, if two bidders go crazy, some auctions can go much higher than the actual value of the item. So who knows :shrug:

As for MTO rules, no auctions. One has to set a price for the item they are selling. :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
I’d list it on the ‘Bay for a starting bid of $800. These don’t come up for sale often. If you want it to make sure you don’t have to re-list and wait another week…maybe start as low as $400.

Make the description clear, and take good pictures for the listing.

Good luck with the sale!
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

nl Offline EMZ

Indeed, selling at auctions can make you 'rich', but it also can be very disappointing. It's all in the game!  :hatsoff:

Thanks for reminding me there are no auctions allowed on MTO.  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD