Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cheap Go-to Pen?

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Cheap Go-to Pen?
on: December 16, 2021, 01:19:30 PM
I know all of us like our fancy pens but what about the cheapo workhorses? We all have a model of cheapo pen that is kept around at work when someone 'needs a pen'.. What is that one for you? I like the simple Bic click pens.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline charlie fox

Re: Cheap Go-to Pen?
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 02:49:10 PM
I like Bic Clic pens as well when I can find them! Lately the ones that have been finding their way into my pockets have been various colors of Pokka Pens. These things are cool!
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 04:06:37 PM
Work provide boxes of cheap Bic pens, so I usually have a few of those around.
Only people I like actually get to borrow one of *my* pens, which is usually a Fisher SP, as only those I like would actually notice and appreciate them anyway. Everyone else gets a Bic chucked at them, since walking 15' to the stationery shelves is too much effort for them...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 04:30:04 PM
Bic’s are good, dirt cheap for a package, I mean there’s nothing wrong with a fisher space pen but you don’t want to lose it! When I first spotted pokka’s long ago I grabbed a handful, I mean heck, their cheap, there small yet became large like a bullet, and their sealed up, and to top that off their pretty much refillable with a bic..
I mean if you want something a little more fancy but not expensive, I think a Parker jotter, their suppose to be really good, their also a clicky, and only $10..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 05:00:57 PM
I had a momentary lapse of judgement and let a fella borrow my pen ( Zebra 701 ) to take a "quick" note.  He was blabbing on the phone and I was ready to leave so I motioned to him to give my pen back.  He gave me the hand signal to wait  :twak:.  I took it from his hand and walked away.  That was years ago.  I tend to not lend my pens or pencil ( mechanical ) to non blood kin. 

That said, G2 is fairly inexpensive and nice.  I am not in a office environment so I have few reasons to loan a pen.  I use Zebra 701 or Zebra 301 almost exclusively.   
Esse Quam Videri

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 05:45:35 PM
yellow bic, nothing else
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 06:33:51 PM
I had a momentary lapse of judgement and let a fella borrow my pen ( Zebra 701 ) to take a "quick" note.  He was blabbing on the phone and I was ready to leave so I motioned to him to give my pen back.  He gave me the hand signal to wait  :twak:.  I took it from his hand and walked away.  That was years ago.  I tend to not lend my pens or pencil ( mechanical ) to non blood kin. 

That said, G2 is fairly inexpensive and nice.  I am not in a office environment so I have few reasons to loan a pen.  I use Zebra 701 or Zebra 301 almost exclusively.
Yeah a 701’s are nice, I used to carry ones with black/blue/red ink and of course a pencil, I still have them, the pencil I actually made because they didn’t come out with them yet. I found a unique pouch that held them perfectly then also a sharpie, here’s a pic of course my pencils missing,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 11:37:02 PM
Of course if for only jotting down notes here and there and not for legal signing there’s nothing like the good old fashion bullet pencil? Graphite never drys up, won’t leak, if the tip breaks I’m sure you have a knife on you to sharpen it, and it’s just as light?
JR

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 11:44:34 AM

That story ended beautifully. :like:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 11:48:41 AM
I like the COS Ball 1592. The action, the feel, the ink. It feels nice, writes well, and it's inexpensive.
PaperMate Inkjoy pens are also great. Ink joy, they were not kidding. The ink is superb. They write excellently. I've had so many Staedtler pens stop working, right out of the box. Absolutely dreadful.

I did the 30 Day Pen Challenge with the COS.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,85041.0.html

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 01:12:31 PM
I had to look up the yellow Bic pens to see what they were. I think they come with clear barrels here in the US. Same pen different color me thinks.  :think:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 01:40:02 PM
They tend to have the fine point.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 02:16:40 PM
When I switched out my edc pokka’s that I made a little custom, I bought extra bold bics, needless to say all for one ink, I wanted that nasty blue, but your normal bic glides at a medium 1.0, the xtra bolds go at 1.6, and are nice, I think I ended up giving the others to the kid to use for school and a few to the Mrs, but since I just found all the other pokka’s all 4 of the uncustomized, I want to do something, yet I also just found out the store right around the corner sells a pack of 8 cristal xtra bolds  for a whopping $1.59! So I’ll be heading over to the stationary department the next time we head over which will be Saturday.. :woohoo:
JR

gb Offline Tasky

Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 02:26:13 PM
Pokkas seem to be rather pricey on this little island, here... Not quite Fisher SP prices, but not that far off, either.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 03:08:59 PM
Pokkas seem to be rather pricey on this little island, here... Not quite Fisher SP prices, but not that far off, either.

Well yeah, you’d think anything small name shipped where it’s not made is going to be a little pricy,,
JR

gb Offline Tasky

Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 03:37:06 PM
Well yeah, you’d think anything small name shipped where it’s not made is going to be a little pricy,,
JR
Not quite that pricey either, though...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69