Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Found my first ever Gerber tool from around 1999

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Found my first ever Gerber tool from around 1999
on: November 27, 2021, 10:33:18 PM
I finally found my old Gerber tool and Leatherman that I bought new in the late 90's. Both are broken, which is why I stopped using them. I knew it was possible to send them in to be repaired, but never got around to it. Then, for whatever reason, they were put in my old garden shed and rusted away for ten years or so.

What model is the Gerber?

It has two main injuries....the knife blade is broken, and the outside retraining clip came off one side and got lost. Thankfully the little pin is still present.

* IMG_20211127_161012520.jpg (Filesize: 454.16 KB)

* IMG_20211127_161407122.jpg (Filesize: 489.76 KB)

* IMG_20211127_161904963.jpg (Filesize: 420.77 KB)
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Re: Found my first ever Gerber tool from around 1999
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 02:11:32 AM
Nice you've found them; both PST and Multilock/MP600 are really great tools!

Looks like you have a Multilock/Multiplier MP600 Basic, and from the  date provided, an early production one with the Saf-T locks. If you'd like to have it back as a user, you can send it in for warranty or, write to Gerber CS for them to send you the clip, and then replace the broken SE blade with another one from another MP600 or other tool from it, or tool from a Suspension or Suspension NXT (the latter two tools lock very well in an MP chassis). :tu:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 02:18:05 AM by Juan el Boricua »

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 06:10:13 AM
Thanks. I have a working PST now that I carry, and so I decided to throw these on the bay for parts for anyone who might want them.
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 06:34:55 AM
Ok, fair enough. Since I don't do the bay but I'm  interested in the Gerber, may I ask for a PM as to what's the price of it and if you ship to US addresses outside the CONUS?

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 03:23:02 AM
Well I have it on there as an auction, so I was just planning to let it go to the highest bidder. However, nobody has bid on it yet....

I believe I have it set up to sell to PR as well as anywhere else in the US (on eBay). I have gotten burned by overseas sales lately and have taken a pause from them.

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 12:38:46 AM
In case anybody was curious, this pair sold at auction today for $36 plus shipping. The buyer is in Texas.
I honestly didn't expect them to bring that much. Pleasantly surprised.
 :D

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 12:41:54 AM
BTW, I don't think the buyer was someone who saw this post here, but if it was, let me know, and I will make a donation to the site. I wasn't trying to advertise, but if this is what led to the sale, I'll donate.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%