Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

kkokkoli's den 223

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,739 Τετραφάρμακος
kkokkoli's den
« on: November 24, 2021, 04:38:23 PM »
Hello everybody.
Kids live independently now, so they left behind two rooms in the house, one for each of us, me and my wife.
I would like to just show it to you. After half a century on this planet, this is the first room I have that serves no other purpose but simply pleasure.
I have several names for it, haven't decided yet. It is called "ανδρών", men's room, as they called these places in Ancient Athens. Also "ανδρώον άντρο", men's cave or den, or "ουταίον", the place of nobody.
Saks, multis and knives are in the 4 lower drawers on left side. I keep stuff for my other hobbies there, such us books, telescopes, binoculars, microscope, tools, games, computers, some collections. I have wifi controlled multicolor led lights and Bluetooth speakers for music. And my clothes, some wet shaving accessories etc.
I enjoy it a lot.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,262 \o/
Re: kkokkoli's den
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 04:49:36 PM »
Good to see you again! That looks like an awesome place to chill out. Nice telescopes. I do remember you having more scopes.

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 05:01:12 PM »
Good to see you again! That looks like an awesome place to chill out. Nice telescopes. I do remember you having more scopes.

I do. These are 12" Dobson, 4" mm short tube refractor and 6" Schmidt Cassegrain.
I have an 8" Dobson at my country house, a 6" Maksutov Cassegrain, a 66mm Petzval Semi Apo Refractor, a 5.1" tabletop Dobson, a 4" Maksutov, a 80mm short tube refractor and an 40mm Soviet zoom pirate scope, kept inside a big closet on the balcony. I believe those are all.

No Life Club Posts: 3,531
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 05:03:42 PM »
Looks really nice! I would love to have "my own" room later down the road but I have to wait a few more years

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,135
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 05:14:54 PM »
Sweet! I dread the day I have to give up my room

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,454
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 05:37:33 PM »
What a treat.  Your room looks like a wonderful place to retreat to for relaxation and admiring your treasures. 

Esse Quam Videri
Hero Member Posts: 879
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 05:38:04 PM »
Nice room you have there. I wish I had such a space (as well as a country house).

Current SAKs: too many to list in a mere 512 characters.
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,454
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 05:43:52 PM »
Whats funny is my partner has taken over the garage and shed when typically us men do right?  I have a spare room but I'm keeping it a bedroom for fear she'll take that over too  :whistle:

Esse Quam Videri
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 57,330
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 06:03:51 PM »
Very nice Mans cave !    :like:
Hero Member Posts: 879
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 06:27:01 PM »
I have a spare room but I'm keeping it a bedroom for fear she'll take that over too  :whistle:
In my case, only one of the three bedrooms on the inhabited level (I live in an old duplex) is used as intended. The cats pretty well have freedom of movement through the other two. Somehow I don't think they'd like seeing the door to one of said unused bedrooms closed off!

Current SAKs: too many to list in a mere 512 characters.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 09:27:45 PM »
The fact is that the feeling is very strange.
I used to share a bedroom with my sister until 12 years old and then they made me a bedroom in the house which wasn't "proper". Some glass on a rectangular balcony, cold during the winter and hot during the summer, no AC, no radiator, no thermal or sound insulation.
I don't complain, I had a room were I studied to become a physician and it was also a love nest for me and my wife.
I share a bedroom with my wife since and for 28 years both houses were overwelmed by the presence of our kids, which was nice.
Then, suddenly, silence reigned everywhere. And empty rooms. They had to be filled with life again. It would be a healing procedure for us (parents started to die during the same period).
Since I have an office, where I keep all the stuff that have to do with my profession, I could only fill the room with items relative to my hobbies.
Now, about the country house, most familes here have one. Greece is a holiday place after all, and land is much cheaper than in other places around Europe. We might be poor (short on money) but we are rich at the same time, since we have 365 days around the year what other people enjoy for just a couple of weeks, our hospitable climate, magical mountains, ecstatic skies, embracing seas and deep history. A small and often frugal house near the seashore helps enjoy those priceless things. For some this is just their paternal village house.

Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 71,348
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 03:48:31 AM »
Glad you made your way back over here kk :woohoo:

Looks like a great room :o :tu: :like: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $132.47