Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM Free P4 vs T4 (UK Prices)

gb Online SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
LM Free P4 vs T4 (UK Prices)
on: November 27, 2021, 07:28:43 PM
Good evening, I hope you're awl well  :tu:

A quick question  :rofl: I have about 36 hours to decide (black friday 25% off etc  :ahhh)

Do I bite the bullet on a LM Free T4 or P4  :dunno:

I'm in the UK so the locking blade causes problems regardless but is the extra cost (roughly double £55 vs £125 ) worth the pliers etc  :think:

I know getting a consensus here is like herding cats but your collective experience is appreciated  :pok:

NB: For US cousins those are the correct UK prices (including the 25% discount  ::) )

:to: :shrug: :poh: :surrender: :duel:
They don't like it up 'em!

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Re: LM Free P4 vs T4 (UK Prices)
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 08:36:20 PM
A friend of mine has the t4. Though pretty handy I find it too thick for the overall size of it and length of blade. And don't feel it comfortable in pocket. It might need some "getting used to", I've just played with it for half an hour  :dunno:
 Haven't seen p4 in person yet and have heard/red a lot of opinions from "piece of smurf" to "the best ever". But I love how all the tools are accessible without opening the tool, kind of like the Swiss Tools but also has OHO blades. So I have decided I will get one in the future.   

P.S. Just checked the GBP to BGN rate - If we had such deals on it now - I'd take the P4 right away. Currently the official dealer for here sells it at about 160 GBP.

gb Online SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 09:17:47 PM
A friend of mine has the t4. Though pretty handy I find it too thick for the overall size of it and length of blade. And don't feel it comfortable in pocket. It might need some "getting used to", I've just played with it for half an hour  :dunno:
 Haven't seen p4 in person yet and have heard/red a lot of opinions from "piece of smurf" to "the best ever". But I love how all the tools are accessible without opening the tool, kind of like the Swiss Tools but also has OHO blades. So I have decided I will get one in the future.   

P.S. Just checked the GBP to BGN rate - If we had such deals on it now - I'd take the P4 right away. Currently the official dealer for here sells it at about 160 GBP.

Thanks for your views and comparison  :tu:

I really like my P4.

I'm being swayed by this... :think: :tu:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 10:26:23 PM
I'd suggest to find a place where you can try them out. The Free series seems to receive all sorts of reviews and opinions.

I did just that and didn't like the one-hand opening magnet sort of tool deployment, the implements, or the rubber cushions that hold the pliers arms in place.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 11:36:27 PM
 :iagree:

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 12:01:31 AM
I'd suggest to find a place where you can try them out.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

gb Online SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 12:38:45 AM
Thanks awl.

Trying out is not an option because;

1) I only have 36 hours!

2) I live in London and there are no retail outlets. Period.

3) Tomorrow is Sunday.

4) I only have 36 hours!

Apologies if this looks odd but I’m posting on my phone 📱 🙄

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 08:48:39 AM
I have a T4 and I was very pleasantly surprised by it, it makes its way into my pocket fairly often and one handed scissors are incredibly handy.

I can only vote for what I know, if you're comfortable with spending the other half of that for a P4, I could be super helpful and suggest you get the T4 and something else  :pok:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

au Offline Echotech

Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 09:16:46 AM
I have a T4 and I was very pleasantly surprised by it, it makes its way into my pocket fairly often and one handed scissors are incredibly handy.

I can only vote for what I know, if you're comfortable with spending the other half of that for a P4, I could be super helpful and suggest you get the T4 and something else  :pok:

I really like my T4 too, even though I’m more used to carrying SAKs on a P7 clip, during the SAK-Alike challenge I carried the T4 exclusively for 2 weeks and didn’t find the thickness a problem and really liked the sturdier tools. Still find the P7 a little better than the pocket clip bit it does work well. Ever since I’ve been looking for a P4 at a good price  :cheers:

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 07:17:47 PM
Well, even if you leave the funky pliers aside, the P4 has a saw and a can opener, which I personally regard as pretty essential. They're two of my most frequently (almost daily) used tools on any MT or SAK.

gb Online SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 07:20:36 PM
Thanks to you awl for your insights into how I should spend my hard earned  :pok: :salute:

I have ordered the T4 as I still have my GOAT arriving at some point  :dunno: and currently Xmas is looking expensive (what a shocker  :dwts:)

I'll report back and share my views in the fullness of time  :think:

Once again, cheers awl  :tu: :cheers:

gb Online SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #12 on: November 28, 2021, 07:25:06 PM
Well, even if you leave the funky pliers aside, the P4 has a saw and a can opener, which I personally regard as pretty essential. They're two of my most frequently (almost daily) used tools on any MT or SAK.

Just "saw" your reply  :facepalm: I don't use a can opener (well not for cans anyway  ::)) and I live in a urban town centre so not much call for the other either  :think:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: November 28, 2021, 08:07:37 PM
Thanks to you awl for your insights into how I should spend my hard earned  :pok: :salute:

I have ordered the T4 as I still have my GOAT arriving at some point  :dunno: and currently Xmas is looking expensive (what a shocker  :dwts:)

I'll report back and share my views in the fullness of time  :think:

Once again, cheers awl  :tu: :cheers:

:popcorn:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56