Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Not sure if this is the right place, 386

Hero Member Posts: 917 Average Old Guy.
Not sure if this is the right place,
« on: December 04, 2021, 07:18:45 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place, or not, to post this question, but lately, say in the last month or so, I'm seeing double photos within the discussions.  I had initially thought that it was me somehow adding the same photo twice but I'm seeing it from others also.

Don't know if it's an issue with the site or an issue with my Chrome browser.

Attached is my last post showing the bottom and top of the same photo in the Chuck Yeager challenge.

* Screenshot_20211204-130930.jpg (Filesize: 72.56 KB)
72.56 KB | 472x1024

Addicted to sharp pointy things.
Full Member Posts: 179
Re: Not sure if this is the right place,
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 07:43:56 PM »
I am not bothered by the double posts, though I do see them often. What bothers me though is when I look through the forum from my phone, for most of the photos I only see one corner of it. Then I have to click on it to see the whole picture and slide back to continue reading the topic. That's Safari browser on iOs 15.1 if it matters. So if you could do something about that - it would be great  :)
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,491 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 01:15:35 PM »
This thread may help:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,88316.0.html

The short version is that we are experimenting with some different photo software. 

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 03:56:26 PM »
This thread may help:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,88316.0.html

The short version is that we are experimenting with some different photo software. 

Def

The thread that you referenced just made me more confused.
Í ñotice that some posts seem to have photos attached while others seem to be àdded.  The attached photos can be viewed without having to tap it to expand,  and aren't doubled.

Full Member Posts: 179
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 06:48:03 PM »
Pit,
I believe the ones that are not doubled and seen fully without clicking on are the ones that are uploaded on an external service, as postimages.com or flickr. The ones that are seen double and are not whole unless you click them are the ones people uploaded to the forum directly. The guys are trying different software to remedy that and the current one runs like that.
To check my theory you can go to my profile. I upload all my photos to postimage and link them here. So if I’m right you shouldn’t see my pictures double and they should be whole.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 09:48:31 PM »
Thanks folks  that all makes sense, I guess.

I used to use Photobucket, years ago, but stopped because of the hassle.  Anymore I simply edit and resize them on the phone.

Just hope that they'll soon get the bugs worked out.

Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,491 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 01:17:23 AM »
We all used to use Photobucket until they decided to full the bucket with smurf instead of photos.   :facepalm:

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $52.47
PayPal Fees: $3.73
Net Balance: $48.74
Below Goal: $251.26
Site Currency: USD
16%