Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

December Rebar Challenge

Adam5 · 873 · 21607

ph Offline Zephon

Re: December Rebar Challenge
Reply #870 on: January 03, 2022, 08:54:14 AM
Epilogue to my December Rebar Challenge.

I didn’t want to end the challenge without a proper closing on what I think of my current Rebar set-up.  First of all I would agree with that the biggest challenge here was being able to take a picture everyday of the Rebar. 

For the tool itself, I think the Rebar’s best friend is an OHO blade - something for quick snips or quick cuts.  If I didn’t install scissors in my Rebar, I would have added the scissors of a Swiss Card.  I think those two would address the elephant in the room of not having outside accessible tools.

I added scissors to my Rebar thinking it would get more use because of it.  It turns out that whatever job would require a Rebar would need something more than just Wave/Charge size scissors (hello Compact!).  I could swap it out for a package opener from a Wingman/Rev but such implement cannot do the precision work one does with scissors.  Hence, the scissors stay.

Then I added a Wave/Charge large bit changer.  This gave me quick access to the bit ecosystem of LM - specifically the ratcheting bit extender.  A Rebar with that ratcheting extender is a joy to use for my purposes.

I thought I was done with the mods but ended up with a Nite Ize pocket clip.  That instantly transformed the Rebar from a pouch tool to a pocket tool!  No more horizontal Rebars in the pocket.  It can now clip vertically in my pocket.

At the end of the day (month/year) this is now my Rebar kit.  It’s a good primary and a pretty capable tool for whatever needs to be done.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #871 on: January 03, 2022, 12:17:08 PM
Great closing remarks :salute: :like: :like:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #872 on: January 03, 2022, 07:14:06 PM
 :iagree: :like: :tu:

Donations