Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alton Brown's Good Eats, Season 10, Episode 5

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Alton Brown's Good Eats, Season 10, Episode 5
on: January 11, 2022, 04:31:54 PM
Chef Alton Brown shouldn't be a new name to any of us here, as he has also done an episode of Mythbusters, where he, Jamie and Adam attempted to cook a Thanksgiving Day supper under the hood of a vintage Cadillac on a 4 hour drive.  He also teamed up with Adam Savage on a Cosplay at Comicon one year, in which the two of them went as the twins from The Matrix.

Back to the point, Alton Brown did a "Stranded on a desert island" episode of his show, Good Eats, in which he makes believe he is stranded, despite also using electric appliances and having no shortage of seasonings.  If you are familiar with his show and style, you'll understand that this was done for the sake of amusement, and he isn't trying to pull a Bear Grylls!

He uses a blue scaled SAK, most likely a Spartan.  You can see it only has two layers, but all you see him using during the episode is the blade.

Unfortunately the app is flat out refusing to allow me to take a proper screen shot so I hate a take a pic of my TV.   :facepalm:

Def

* 16419149917570.jpg (Filesize: 158.54 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Re: Alton Brown's Good Eats, Season 10, Episode 5
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 04:56:52 PM
Chef Alton Brown shouldn't be a new name to any of us here
Well I had to Google him, as I've not watched much Mythbusters and certainly nothing else he's been in.
He can't be all bad if he's a SAK fan, though!

"Alton Brown was born July 30, 1962, in Los Angeles, California. As a child, Brown was a Boy Scout".... which would possibly explain a few of the other things on his Wiki page.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Alton Brown's Good Eats, Season 10, Episode 5
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 05:16:17 PM
Well I had to Google him, as I've not watched much Mythbusters and certainly nothing else he's been in.
He can't be all bad if he's a SAK fan, though!

"Alton Brown was born July 30, 1962, in Los Angeles, California. As a child, Brown was a Boy Scout".... which would possibly explain a few of the other things on his Wiki page.

If you aren't familiar with him, give him a try.  Good Eats actually goes largely into the science of why certain procedures and certain foods are done the way they are.  I really appreciate that.  He was also a commentator on Iron Chef America for a while.  I have to say, I likely wouldn't have paid much attention to him, assuming he was "just another TV chef" if it weren't for his Mythbusters episode.

By the way, on the Mythbusters episode I believe you see him using a Charge, but I think it might be Adam's, as you also see Adam using it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%