Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Original Wengers: any UK dealers/traders?

Offline mattbod

Original Wengers: any UK dealers/traders?
on: February 11, 2022, 04:06:17 AM
Hello folks I have been a Victorinox user for years and never really registered Wenger as my first knife was a Victorinox Climber, I loved it and have stayed loyal to the brand, especially as they refurbed that first knife for free (after the UK distributor sent it to Switzerland).  :climber:

I wish I had tried a Wenger now after seeing them on Youtube. I would love a nice condition version of one of their simpler knives such as a Viking but can’t seem to locate any nice examples of Wengers even on Ebay. Do any of you know any dealer of used knives or even better a dealer of old/new stock? I am not willing to pay inflated collector money as I am not a collector: my knives get used but would be willing to try one if there is a source.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Original Wengers: any UK dealers/traders?
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 08:01:24 AM
You could try a Victorinox Delemont, the continuation / new name of the Wenger line.

I have none, but they seem to be similar to the Wengers .

Otherwise, your best bet would be a small DIY shop that has had some left in stock.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 06:43:04 PM
Hi

I have to agree with dks
Considering Wenger ceased production almost a decade ago (2013) I’d hazard a guess most new old stock would have sold out long ago.
But, you may well get lucky. I agree some obscure diy, tool, camping store is probably your best bet. I seriously doubt you’ll find them on the net as that’s everyone’s first port of call these days.

It’s a little wish of mine to stumble upon a cache of new old stock lurking in a dusty shop window someplace…stuff of dreams I’d say

Good luck  :tu:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 08:48:57 PM
You'll find a few on Etsy... but you'll also pay dearly for them!!

00 Offline SAKTaschenmesser

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 09:41:48 PM
Have you tried EBay in Germany, Italy or France?

In the past I have managed to buy Wenger from EBay in Germany,and Italy if the titles does not contain the English word ‘knife’.

My Italian source, who was pretty reasonable, dried up after Brexit, too much additional paperwork and aggro for him.

Some will not send from outside of their own country, so having a friend in one of those countries, or the USA for that matter, might help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD