Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Custom SAK Compact

us Offline wolfhammer0

• New User
Custom SAK Compact
on: March 01, 2022, 01:11:13 AM
Hi all! I’d think this is the place to ask, I have the complete tool set of a Spartan and a Climber. I would like to make a Compact type knife with no corkscrew/screwdriver. Is this possible?  Sorry if this isn’t the spot, I blame being new 😅 Thanks for any info!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Custom SAK Compact
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 03:44:37 AM
Well welcome aboard, there’s a lot of things possible, I have a compact that hasn’t even been touched but I’m going to switch out the corkscrew with a Philips, and maybe add another layer, as far as not having either a corkscrew or a Philips your going to need a special backside scale that doesn’t have that cutout, other then that between the spartan and climbers tools your not going to have the combo opener like on a compact, unless you were to just keep the can / bottle opener layer,, best of luck..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Custom SAK Compact
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 04:22:18 AM
It’s possible, but doing it in a ‘clean’ factory-looking way isn’t easy for the issues mentioned above. If you don’t mind the blank space, cutting the corkscrew at the base of the screw would work.

Making or sourcing a ‘blank’, no cut-out back scale isn’t that easy, but it is possible. Old ones are a bit rare and generally expensive.

An ‘easier’ alternative is to build it with 84mm parts. Recruits and Bantams already have the no cutout back scale, back liner and a backspring to do what you need. Just gotta add a scissor donor if you start with the Bantam.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%