Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Seeking pouch recommendations

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: Seeking pouch recommendations
Reply #60 on: December 13, 2022, 09:42:13 PM
On the pouch is a patch with a big [+] and it has all the medical supplies in it...
A compact first-aid kit is something I really should buy or build, as accident-prone as I can be. :facepalm:

I have at least discovered one I really like for cargo pocket carry.
That looks ideal for carrying an Opinel, an SAK, and maybe a few other little items! Where can I find one?
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #61 on: December 13, 2022, 10:51:12 PM
Hey, you should always carry the absolute mini of mini fak at all times, you know those wallet photo holders, cut one of the slots out, so it would be enough to carry one pic, that’s it, then stuff three large,  three small bandages and two alcohol wipes in, they fit totally perfect, here’s a pic, it’s actually three pics, front back and spread out to get an idea,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

00 Offline Grand_Banana

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: December 14, 2022, 01:45:07 AM
Hey, you should always carry the absolute mini of mini fak at all times, you know those wallet photo holders, cut one of the slots out, so it would be enough to carry one pic, that’s it, then stuff three large,  three small bandages and two alcohol wipes in, they fit totally perfect, here’s a pic, it’s actually three pics, front back and spread out to get an idea,
JR

:iagree: This is similar to what I always have in my pouch and wallet.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #63 on: December 14, 2022, 02:04:12 AM
:iagree: This is similar to what I always have in my pouch and wallet.
Gotta have a little something something, lol
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: December 14, 2022, 06:09:46 AM
Thats a great set up  MadP.  The great thing about Maxpedition is how much they hold, the bad thing is, how much they hold.  You've got to be disciplined and not stuff it too much, at least the Micro.  I have a fatty which I stuff but it is not meant for carry on its own.

I don't know what Sos sheath is but I've seen her post it before.  Its great thats for sure. 

I have a small leather pouch and a larger leather pouch too but those just don't compete with the Micro.  I wish I could send you in a promising direction but its kinda fun experimenting. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Sos24

Reply #65 on: December 14, 2022, 07:34:09 AM
A compact first-aid kit is something I really should buy or build, as accident-prone as I can be. :facepalm:
That looks ideal for carrying an Opinel, an SAK, and maybe a few other little items! Where can I find one?
I got it off Etsy from LavernaLeather.  I love it.  In the zipper part carry some basic first aid items and in the back pocket some hand wipes.

Although if you decide to order, you should know it will take extra long to arrive due to coming from Ukraine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/990382528/edc-pocket-organizer-edc-slip-casezipper?ref=yr_purchases

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #66 on: December 15, 2022, 01:45:44 AM
I got it off Etsy from LavernaLeather.
The smaller one could work exceedingly well for me. Thanks!
USN 2000-2006

us Offline Adam5

Reply #67 on: December 16, 2022, 07:36:14 PM
I second Aloha's recommendation of the Maxpedition Micro, though I do carry mine in my left front pocket instead of clipped to my belt. Sos' pocket organizer looks like a winner also.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #68 on: December 17, 2022, 06:15:28 AM
I'll have a gander at the Maxpedition Micro, too! :cheers:
USN 2000-2006

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #69 on: December 31, 2022, 03:47:26 PM
I got it off Etsy from LavernaLeather.  I love it.  In the zipper part carry some basic first aid items and in the back pocket some hand wipes.

Although if you decide to order, you should know it will take extra long to arrive due to coming from Ukraine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/990382528/edc-pocket-organizer-edc-slip-casezipper?ref=yr_purchases
I might be a late for this discussion, but I had ordered from the same seller on Etsy and think the value of his/her pouch to be alright.

Personally, I favor a in-pocket organizer, but not in the format of Maxpedition micro/macro.  The Max pouch are great and sturdy, I love it if I have to carry a large amount of small items, but I find the fabric too cumbersome if all I want is just something quick and easy access.

Another option other than the Etsy pouch is the Viperade VE3 from Amazon, the new lightweight material(the orange version) and large two pockets are perfect for any MT/SAK/knife combinations.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%