Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Firefly Firesteel + Helix Tinder + Mini Screwdriver

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Firefly Firesteel + Helix Tinder + Mini Screwdriver
on: April 03, 2022, 04:44:51 PM
I’ve always wondered. Is it possible to fit in the corkscrew half a helix tinder and the mini screwdriver? Seems like the best of both worlds if your SAK already has the Firefly then there is no need to carry the Fireant. Will the chemicals in the tinder make the screwdriver slippery or discolored somehow?

I’ve been meaning to try but to be honest I need to cool down my expenditures. Just bought the serrated Spartan, short tweezers, and plus scales. I plan to mod the plus scales and free up the extra slot and have the Spartan carry the Fireant, tweezers, pen, and toothpick. The tinder too eventually if I get an answer. Figured that after all that I just created a back up emergency knife kit that I can pocket.

Ever since the pandemic I’ve tried to carry everything in my pockets rather than a backpack and just loving it. Didn’t realize how much junk I was carrying. Useful during business travel but I’ve since switched jobs and don’t miss the travel part at all.

By the way. My SwissChamp was my first love, became a Leatherman fan for several years then discovered a Cadet and started collecting SAKs. Darn you MTO!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:54:52 PM by OldBoy2016 »

Offline aewayfarer

• New User
Re: Firefly Firesteel + Helix Tinder + Mini Screwdriver
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 10:10:26 PM
This video might help;

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 02:15:08 AM
This video might help;

Thank you!! I’ll check it out in a bit.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 04:59:11 AM
That is the typical set-up of my Yeoman and a couple other SAKs.  The corkscrew has the mini screwdriver, 1/2 helix tinder, and some thread wrapped near the base that is attached to the needle that replaced the straight pin.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 05:31:40 AM
That is the typical set-up of my Yeoman and a couple other SAKs.  The corkscrew has the mini screwdriver, 1/2 helix tinder, and some thread wrapped near the base that is attached to the needle that replaced the straight pin.
(Image removed from quote.)

Awesome! I’ll go try it. Just need to get the funds.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%