Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox.com

gb Offline SteveMr170

Victorinox.com
on: April 04, 2022, 09:18:03 PM
Hi, new to the forum. Is there any general views on service from victorinox.com? I have placed three separate orders (between me and my wife). My first order was due to be delivered (in UK) today. Shipped email received 4 days ago, tracking says DHL in Germany haven't even picked it up yet.

I googled reviews and trust pilot has a large amount of 1 star reviews with orders taking weeks to months and victorinox blame customs in the UK plus Brexit. Also a lot of people say they are being charged money by customs eventhough their orders were below the £135 threshold.

My delivery is only currently one day late but the tracking status plus reviews I have read are concerning me. All items displayed as in stock when I ordered.

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Re: Victorinox.com
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 11:15:32 PM
Hi SteveMr170, welcome to MTO, Unfortunately the deliveries have been a bit erratic to the UK recently - I had one order come in 2 days, and the other took 10 for no obvious reason, and the tracking wasn’t much of an indication either. However, I’m sure your order will turn up at some point! Good luck!  :cheers:

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 05:16:43 AM
I’m sure your order will turn up at some point!
Me, too.

I've obviously not ordered from Victorinox in the UK. However, I have ordered from swissarmy.com. They've always shipped quickly, so no issues there. They do seem to use a 2-day UPS service that guarantees one's order to arrive on a certain day.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

gb Offline SteveMr170

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 11:28:58 PM
For the record, the one I ordered second arrived a couple of days ago. It was late but not too bad at all. The tracking only updated when DHL in England had received it. The other is with DHL so won't be long now. No charges from customs.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 12:16:36 AM
For the record, the one I ordered second arrived a couple of days ago. It was late but not too bad at all. The tracking only updated when DHL in England had received it. The other is with DHL so won't be long now. No charges from customs.

Welcome aboard!

:cheers: :salute:

Glad to know your customs didn't charge you.

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline SteveMr170

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 11:21:58 PM
Thank you and glad to be aboard! The farmer x has also arrived now with no customs fees.

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 07:12:03 AM
Good news! :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99