Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One piece MT shapes for kids

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
One piece MT shapes for kids
on: March 23, 2022, 05:06:54 AM
I got my kid interested in MTs because of these. I got a the UST ToolALong Hiker MT from REI a while ago and to my surprise my little girl found that very interesting. I gifted that to her of course and kept buying more for her to start a collection

They are cheap and most don’t have a blade which makes them safe for most kids. To be honest she rather have Pokemon Toys but since these do not come out of her pocket money she is very happy to keep receiving them.

Here are 4 I got from Amazon today, all for $10 for those who are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Re: One piece MT shapes for kids
Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 03:03:12 PM
Got around to taking some pics today.
These are in her collection right now.  Hiker was her first and the Sasquatch is her favorite.  The little Hippo is what she has in her pencil box.  Those 3 are in the first pic.  I grouped the others by category, or al least tried to

1. Hiker, Hippo, Sasquatch
2. Loon, Quail, Trout, Shark, Bass
3. Moose Head, Dear Head, Skull, Tiger Head
4. Sail Boat, Kayak, Bicycle, Jeep
5. Key, Hatchet, Lantern, Tree, Boot
6. Bob Cat, Mountain Lion, Antelope, Buffalo, Polar Bear, Wolf
7. Micro Dog, Bear, Horse, Moose, Bear Standing, Lab Dog
8. Owl, Sloth, Beaver, Frog
9. Eagle, Fox, Dragon
10. M&P, Revolver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:00:13 PM
Wow! Great collection!

:cheers: :tu:

Some of those are great, some are plain crazy! I think the one I'd use is the kayak. Pretty simple lines and sleek looking.

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 09:23:10 PM
Wow! Great collection!

:cheers: :tu:

Some of those are great, some are plain crazy! I think the one I'd use is the kayak. Pretty simple lines and sleek looking.

8) 8)

Couldn't agree more. Fun objects to collect but mostly useless. I chew my finger nails so mostly use them as a finger nail knick or to scratch an itch  :ahhh

If not for my kid I wouldn't have that many. But it's cool to sit back and have a conversation about them with my kid. She is 10 now and will not want to do anything with me soon. Enjoying it while it lasts... advise given by many.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 09:26:51 PM
Couldn't agree more. Fun objects to collect but mostly useless. I chew my finger nails so mostly use them as a finger nail knick or to scratch an itch  :ahhh

If not for my kid I wouldn't have that many. But it's cool to sit back and have a conversation about them with my kid. She is 10 now and will not want to do anything with me soon. Enjoying it while it lasts... advise given by many.
I use the Fish Scaler Victorinox tool for itching for 35 years. It's great, effective but gentle. And many people think it is useless.
It can be used as a cheese fork.
Off topic, I know, just saying.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 01:27:31 AM
This was the OPT that my kids started with.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/brick-separator-630

Eventually they realized that a plier-based tool is just as fun!  :multi:

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 05:35:12 AM
I use the Fish Scaler Victorinox tool for itching for 35 years. It's great, effective but gentle. And many people think it is useless.
It can be used as a cheese fork.
Off topic, I know, just saying.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

That's brilliant :salute:. I do something similar too. For those back itches I got a dedicated 12" hacksaw blade with a handle for extra reach. Beats all the back scratches I've got over the years.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 05:42:12 AM
This was the OPT that my kids started with.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/brick-separator-630

Eventually they realized that a plier-based tool is just as fun!  :multi:

That's a MT alright   :iagree:  That reminded me of my kids first MT that I had completely forgotten. These are old pics taken for a challenge.

* LMBlastC15E.jpg (Filesize: 92.37 KB)

* LMBlastC15F.jpg (Filesize: 100.68 KB)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 05:23:32 PM
That's a MT alright   :iagree:  That reminded me of my kids first MT that I had completely forgotten. These are old pics taken for a challenge.

They're still making those?!! Mine was blue/orange/red (still around here, somewhere); First knife I ever had; and I've had it at least 22 of my 25 years.

Still surprises me to this date that thing had a pocket clip when SAKs normally don't (still don't understand why Victorinox hasn't offered more models with the Sentinel Clip's pocket clip or updated the design to be offered in the form of a cutout back scale).

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 03:40:13 PM
They're still making those?!! Mine was blue/orange/red (still around here, somewhere); First knife I ever had; and I've had it at least 22 of my 25 years.

Still surprises me to this date that thing had a pocket clip when SAKs normally don't (still don't understand why Victorinox hasn't offered more models with the Sentinel Clip's pocket clip or updated the design to be offered in the form of a cutout back scale).

:rofl: Play-Doh has the  edge on the pocket clip department. All their models have it and comes in very vibrant colors.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 03:52:57 PM
Neat OPTs.  My girls are 22 and 26 and yes they grow fast.  She'll look back and remember how much fun she had with these tools and the conversations.    :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 03:45:07 PM
Neat OPTs.  My girls are 22 and 26 and yes they grow fast.  She'll look back and remember how much fun she had with these tools and the conversations.    :tu:

Thanks Aloha. Looking forward to those times like you. Looking back my kid's first 5-6 years was a blur. Being sleep deprived most of the time has something to do with it too I guess  :). Had to put all of my other activities and hobbies on hold to take care of her and my MT collection took a hit too and slowly getting back to it now  :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%