Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A carry method for us old folks. (packing your pills)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Last Tuesday I was voluntold to go on a road trip leaving Wednesday morning, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, returning on Friday.  I had to pack up my pills which I have in a seven day organizer.  I could just drop the pill organizer in my overnight bag, but the compartments pop open easily and I would end up with dozens of unsorted pills rolling around in the bottom of my bag which would be unacceptable.

I was thinking to put the whole thing in an envelope of some sort that would be tight enough to prevent the compartments from opening.  Looking around for options I found this Axius Car Visor organizer.  It used to hold the car's registration and a parking placard that I didn't want to leave hanging from the mirror all the time.  I stopped using this organizer years ago and I honestly can't explain why I hadn't thrown it away.  It turned out to be a good thing I kept it, however, because it is the perfect size to tuck in the seven day pill organizer in the large compartment.  It is tight enough that the compartments of the pill organizer couldn't possibly open yet I was able to close the zipper.  My pills were safe during my trip.

* Pill container carry method.jpg (Filesize: 121.44 KB)

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: A carry method for us old folks. (packing your pills)
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 08:49:17 AM
That's a great tip. And bonus points for your use of the word "voluntold." I heard that a lot during my military service.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 04:17:11 PM
This is exactly why we keep things and don't toss them.  Nice repurpose.  I heard voluntold a little while ago and had to laugh.  Great word. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 02:21:47 PM
That's a great tip. And bonus points for your use of the word "voluntold." I heard that a lot during my military service.
Thats almost a mandatory term to be used in the postal  service before you make it to career.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

gb Offline Chippyjosh

Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 11:16:58 AM
I carry codeine in a little brass fob on my keys for when my back is really problematic

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 12:54:39 AM
I have the exact same pill organizer, except I think mine might be fuller. :dunno: 
I also have to have access to my duragesic patches every 72 hours.

Never thought to use a visior organizer though, I've always put the lot in a gallon Ziploc and folded it into my luggage.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD