Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger pry bar

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Wenger pry bar
on: May 25, 2022, 12:11:16 PM
I've been looking for a small pry bar to carry around. Not much luck in finding one. Tried lots of hardware stores, to no avail.

I then remembered I had received a few spare parts from a Wenger I sent out to Victorinox to get repaired. The main idea was to see if I could get those together to make a mod, but when I saw that it was mostly the liners, I dropped that idea.

I did, however, find my pry bar! Well, most people call it a "bottle opener". I got some paracord in it, and now it's my pry bar + bottle opener + wire stripper/bender. I might even sharpen the inside of the bottle opener, to have a string cutter.

8) 8)

* Wenger pry.jpg (Filesize: 289.56 KB)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Re: Wenger pry bar
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 04:55:37 PM
Nice, but there's not much leverage.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 04:59:24 PM
Nice, but there's not much leverage.

Sure, but I just want something to open a can of paint or open a thin wooden crate, not a massive crow bar. It can even be used to pull (not too big) nails.

The paracord gives it some more "handle" and it can even be used to tie it to a piece of wood/steel, to make a larger handle.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 10:38:02 PM
Nice job! I have a combo tool in my parts somewhere out of a Golfer that looked like it had been chewed up by a dog after someone ran over it (yep, that bad!).

Victorinox sent the old jerry-rigged (someone put a tiny brass pin in place of the missing screw) scissors out of an 84mm Craftsman back (along with the scratched up, but still nearly full blade) they repaired for me, and I've been thinking about puttihng them into a Tinker Small or Tourist, but I don't have the backspring (and the spring was broken--single leaf, so hard to find).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%