Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone have the Victorinox Spirit? Mine came with some scuffs. Is this normal?

Offline waveuser

I purchased a brand new Spirit X but it has some mark on the scale like this. They are only visible when you shine the light and look close on it though. I wonder if yours was like this too? Of course it's not a big deal but I'm just curious if all the units are similar.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 10:49:02 PM by waveuser »

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
It looks like all of the Spirits I have owned.  It's not a mirror polish.
- Terry

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Welcome, waveuser.  Completely normal; both of mine looked like that when new, and they came in clamshell packaging so, no chances of them being handled before arriving. Enjoy, as it is a great edc tool.  :tu:

Offline waveuser

Thanks everyone for the info I appreciate that!

us Offline Sos24

Congratulations and enjoy.

Who knows maybe it is a psychological thing.  Now you don’t have to baby it not wanting to scuff or scratch it.  The scuffs are already there so it is ready to get even more through use.

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
after looking...

Yeah, it's fine.  ;)

Offline waveuser

Haha I know I'm nickpicking here, but it does look like someone used it. Still no biggie though

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Mine has yet another weird factory defect apart from
malfunctioning wire cutters
:

Those are pure factory defect - those scuffs are under the finishing buffing level if you know what I mean, not signs of usage.

And the other side is perfectly fine:
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline powernoodle

I have a "new" BO Swisstool from several years ago.  It has big drip marks in the finish, apparently from the BO process.  While I'm not thrilled about it, if I used the tool as intended instead of fondling it like a Nancy Boy, the finish imperfections wouldn't matter.

:cheers:

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
True, I don’t care about those weird factory made scuffs much as opposed to bad wire cutters, but !!! I would never expect to see that in a Victorinox product. Used to such things throughout the Leatherman stuff, but not here. I actually bought a Spirit because I was kinda pissed by my LM wave stiff pliers after about 8 years of use and scratching handles and the rest…
We’ll I also have to say that at least I can disassemble and fix my Wave if need be…
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

Offline MrToolJunkie

Mine are all a little marred up - adds to the character. I did have to return my new Swisstool as the awl deployed when opening the scissors - something wonking with the spring or the black oxide caused the two to stick. My new one has not done that so far. I guess all companies can have some defects in the process. Hope the pliers get sorted alexanderre.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Mine are all a little marred up - adds to the character. I did have to return my new Swisstool as the awl deployed when opening the scissors - something wonking with the spring or the black oxide caused the two to stick. My new one has not done that so far. I guess all companies can have some defects in the process. Hope the pliers get sorted alexanderre.

This :iagree:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
I also had a few issues like that on my BO Spririt when it arrived. I hate to bring up the "This will buff right out boss" quip here but that is what it did on mine. Apply some polish and use a Dremel with polishing wheel and it will be better than new  :tu: :cheers:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline powernoodle

I may try that, sir.  I use Mother's mag wheel polish for most things, which is not aggressive but still throws down a good polish.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%