Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sog power pint files ??

Offline IG_LostPoetVibes

Sog power pint files ??
on: March 01, 2022, 12:50:03 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a multitool for backpacking. The power pint has everything i need. One of those requirements bing a file but I've came across a few reviews form 2018 that the file on it sucks. Is this still the case or has Sog since changed the file to one of higher quality.   

If it still sucks feel free to recommend me something else. Sog any other name brand or decent quality generic options. But trying stay under $60 new or used.

The largest i want is around the size of the Leatherman bond or Gerber mp 400

Required tools: knife, usable File, can opener, sewing awl, Philips and flat screwdriver, and a saw or serrated blade but prefer the saw.
Prefer locking. And prefer a pocket clip but that's not a deal breaker.

I could do with the pint being just a little bigger. That and a good file would make it perfect for me. But i useless file is a deal breaker.

I'm also not scared to mod it if y'all have a good solution for that if it doesn't cost too much. My original budget was $30 and i was getting a generic MT. But all the quality ones I found r too bulky and heavy for what I need.

hu Offline Mangyang

Re: Sog power pint files ??
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 12:29:41 PM
I'd suggest you get a Bond or Curl depending on what style you prefer. Good luck finding the right one.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 02:39:05 PM
I think SOG fixed their files, at least on certain tools.  I recently picked up some a Power Access and Powerpint, and both have very well cut, aggressive files.  The same models that I picked up a few years ago... Not so much.

The newer files have texture all the way to the end of the file, the older ones don't, that's the easiest way to tell.

Anyone else notice this?

Anyways, I think the power access is an honestly fantastic edc, but definitely not heavy duty.  It's light, relatively tool dense, and has a clip.  I have one in my pocket as I type this.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 03:46:00 PM
Absolutely have no issues with my PowerPint.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline algernonramone

Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 07:17:11 PM
I just got a brand-new one in the mail today, and the file seems to be well-made and aggressive, though I haven't tested it yet.

I really like this tool, I think it's going in to my daily EDC right away!

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 10:58:01 PM
Just bought one today. File seems OK, at least I could file my nails with it, which I could not with the original file on my PowerAccess three years ago (long since replaced).

* 432022165550.jpg (Filesize: 319.32 KB)
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69