Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge Mod Suggestions

us Offline RatBikeRod

Charge Mod Suggestions
on: May 17, 2022, 03:35:06 PM
I am getting in one of the Charge Plus G10's Earth for my 60th birthday this week.

The two things I do not care for are the small screw driver and the scissors. The bit makes the flat screwdriver irrelevant and I find the small scissors somewhat useless. I tend to carry a Micra for the rare occasion I need scissors.

Anyhow, and I know this tends to be a completely subjective question, but what do I swap in.

My go to has been Awl and some type of Pry Bar mod. However, I could be sold on an ALX style dual bit setup.

Thoughts?

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Charge Mod Suggestions
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 04:14:18 PM
Double bit drivers are handy if you already carry a Micra :salute: an awl is always nice to have as well :cheers: It really depends on what you want out of it :think:

Also, Happy Birthday!  :woohoo: Hope it is a great one and congrats on getting an Earth G10 Charge as well 8) :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 04:55:33 PM
Happy Birthday. 

What I like is either an awl or chisel.  I added a chisel to my Surge ( modded a large flat driver ) and its been a nice addition.  I've always like how Victorinox Swisstool and Spirit had chisels. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline RatBikeRod

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 03:34:57 AM
Happy Birthday. 

What I like is either an awl or chisel.  I added a chisel to my Surge ( modded a large flat driver ) and its been a nice addition.  I've always like how Victorinox Swisstool and Spirit had chisels.

Aloha, I did the same thing to my Surge. It makes it much more useful for me as well.

I am wondering if I can put in both a second driver and the awl….hummm

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 04:29:43 AM
Congrats on another milestone in your life, RBR, and kudos on the G10!
Going on a limb here but, a Rebar awl should fit in the scissors place, and the modded flat driver/chisel could take the place of the small bit driver(but I think you may have to remove the pliers rest for it to fit, or fiddle with swapping tool spaces until it can fit), but lets hope that someone more knowledgeable chimes in. Anyways ...
... pictures when done!  :cheers: :tu:

us Offline RatBikeRod

Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 04:41:03 AM
Congrats on another milestone in your life, RBR, and kudos on the G10!
Going on a limb here but, a Rebar awl should fit in the scissors place, and the modded flat driver/chisel could take the place of the small bit driver(but I think you may have to remove the pliers rest for it to fit, or fiddle with swapping tool spaces until it can fit), but lets hope that someone more knowledgeable chimes in. Anyways ...
... pictures when done!  :cheers: :tu:

Yea, I am probably being overly ambitious. I have been messing around with a Gen 2 Wave I picked up on eBay as well. It will be my test bed. Of course it is much easier being that it is not black. Modding the black tools with anything that isn’t drop in will look bad unless I get the coating redone.

I may just drop a second driver in. I tend to use the drivers more than anything else day to day.

I should have the G10 by Friday, so I will see what comes of it and post pictures.

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 06:36:16 PM
Yea, I am probably being overly ambitious. I have been messing around with a Gen 2 Wave I picked up on eBay as well. It will be my test bed. Of course it is much easier being that it is not black. Modding the black tools with anything that isn’t drop in will look bad unless I get the coating redone.

I may just drop a second driver in. I tend to use the drivers more than anything else day to day.

I should have the G10 by Friday, so I will see what comes of it and post pictures.

Naaah, thats not being ambitious; I may have sounded complicated ot difficult but, believe me, it is quite easily done once you see what I'm talking about. Also, yoi may look through your local CL or ebay for a black oxide Rebar for parts, and use its awl ( and the medium flat driver converted to chisel).
On the other hand, a "+" G10 version of the Charge ALX will look mighty fine too! :drool: (oooh yeesss; definitely pictures when done!!!!)

us Offline RatBikeRod

Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 07:48:48 PM
Oh, pic’s are coming. The G10 arrived yesterday but my wife it making me wait to give it to me tonight at my birthday dinner.   :(

After I have it in hand and assess it against the Wave and my Signal I am planning on starting a number of other mods on all of them. I already swapped the Signal’s saw for a Charge serrated gut hook blade. I am kinda wondering if I pull the Signal down into two pieces if I could put a T-shank driver where the pliers were along with some other stuff. Lots of real estate there, but no locking mechanism.

I may not have said it in this thread, or maybe I did, but modding Leatherman’s is replacing my gun addiction now that I cant even afford to reload.

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 11:39:30 PM
It is an addiction I know all too well  :facepalm:  :rofl:

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 01:14:34 AM
Happy birthday, pal!  :cheers:

Enjoy the your evening/party/etc. but, early tomorrow you better start modd'ing!!! :pok:
(Naaah, just enjoy; I can wait.  :tu:)

us Offline RatBikeRod

Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 03:32:42 PM
So, the new G10 goes very well with my light EDC setup.

* EDC.jpg (Filesize: 138.66 KB)

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 04:21:03 PM
You are well equipped my friend  :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 04:53:59 PM
 :iagree: :dd: Looks nice 8) :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 09:19:37 PM
Looks like the pistol has had some significant carry time.  That Charge is sweet.  :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline RatBikeRod

Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 10:23:15 PM
Looks like the pistol has had some significant carry time.  That Charge is sweet.  :like:

Yea, if I am not at work that Valor is on my hip.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 03:41:01 PM
 :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00