Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Armbar Drive is Pretty Good!

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Armbar Drive is Pretty Good!
on: April 03, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
I was at REI and an Armbar caught my attention. I have spotted a few Videos including One done by Def's Lovely Wife. So I ended up taking home a Drive with Me along with a G-Shock Smart Watch.I have been carrying it pretty steady the last couple of weeks and overall, Im impressed. To me the only thing that it is missing is a Lock on the Driver. It has proven to be handy and useful..I just used it tio change the Drain Assembly on my Bathtub

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

ca Offline Landrew

• Not yer typical toothless abductee
Re: Armbar Drive is Pretty Good!
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 08:39:40 AM
I bought this one to replace a Leatherman Style CS which I thought I'd lost (It turned up after in the washing machine). A replacement seemed to be hard to find as it appears to be discontinued..
I was mainly looking for a tool with a handy pair of scissors that I could hang from a belt loop.  The Style CS had a built-in carabiner which made it ideal.
A number of reviewers said it had no way to attach a lanyard ring, but it's there if you look hard enough; it's near the tip of the blade.  I threaded in a small ring and attached a small carabiner.  I'm not sure how I'm going to like having this thing hanging from a belt loop; it's a bit heavier than the Style, but I'll see.
Most reviewers didn't know what steel is in the blade, but one claimed it was CR5, which I believe is similar to 440C.
I don't plan to do a lot with the bit driver, the awl or the blade, but they will get used occasionally.  Good to have handy as an EDC.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 04:11:08 PM
With a lock (heck even a *detent*) on the driver and a pocket clip this would be my EDC for sure. So close, Gerber.

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 06:53:57 PM
Considering it's Gerber its probably 7cr17 steel in the blade :facepalm:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31