Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First Tactical Pants.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
First Tactical Pants.
on: May 30, 2022, 05:03:37 PM
Got some of these really nice pants ( thrift store find ).  They were new with tags still attached. 

I'll post up pictures later since I have them on now  :D.  I am really liking these pants.  I have 5.11 and a few other of these style pants but I am not comparing them to those.  I am simply saying as another option to those or in addition to those other pants. 

Some features I really like are the slit in the cargo pocket at the top.  The pocket above the cargo is where I carry my clipped Bradley Alias.  The clip neatly fits into the slit at the cargo pocket which helps scratching things when otherwise the clips upturn is exposed. 

There are loops within the two main pockets.  If you like a little security for your gear you can attach to those points and do so discreetly. 

The cargo pocket is divided within.  I like that.  It also has a loop just under the flat so you can secure gear. 

I like the back pockets in that they don't have flaps.  They are open ready to access. 

The material has a study feel to it.  From their site, Made with double dyed fabrics that make them highly abrasion and fade resistant, as well as micro ripstop for added durability. Other notable features include built-in knee pad pockets, a light Teflon® Shield+ coating to repel liquids and stains and mechanical stretch for maximum comfort and mobility.

I like that their logo blends into the pants and is not loud or stands out. 

7 belt loops.  Need I say more? 

Overall I really like these pants as another option to my 5.11s and similar style pants. 

Let me be clear tho if made in USA is your thing these are made elsewhere just like 5.11.

Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Re: First Tactical Pants.
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 07:13:36 PM
By strange happenstance, I'm wearing FT trousers right now, as I read this very thread!

IIRC, the guy who made 5.11 into 5.11 Tactical later left them and set up First Tactical, so there's a bit of heritage behind these things.
I have two or three pairs (different colours, natch) and they used to be my absolute favourites before I discovered UF Pro... and I still wear the FTs sometimes, when I fancy a change. They're not top of the line, but they are affordable and are far better than the equivalent offerings from Condor, Pentagon, ClawGear, Helikon-Tex, etc. They also look good enough for smart casual office wear, too.

I like how the kneepads can be inserted from the outside.
As well as the cargo pocket loops, check the inside of the front slash pockets right at the top of the edge, and you'll find additional kit loops there!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 05:25:54 PM
I'd agree they do look smart enough for casual office wear.  If one was inclined a crease could also be ironed in and look tidy. 

About those loops,  :tu:.  I really like that they added such a simple yet thoughtful thing. 

Out and about yesterday in my FT pants.  I always carry some type of granola/energy bar with me.  First off I like them and secondly sometimes I just need a nibble.  I like the cargo pockets inner design.  Its not just an open pocket.  There are 3 distinct pockets within.  I also like the bottom gusset as it makes the cargo pocket lay flat.  I rarely fill my cargo pockets but the bottom gusset seems to make sense as most thing will fall to the bottom.

The snap is something different for me but its secure and has not opened unintentionally.   

* IMG_5260.jpg (Filesize: 141.51 KB)

* IMG_5262.jpg (Filesize: 183.59 KB)

* IMG_5263.jpg (Filesize: 163.26 KB)

* IMG_5264.jpg (Filesize: 198.72 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 05:29:04 PM
I should have added mine are model SAL 114005.  I haven't had them long but I would pick up another pair without hesitation.  I found them comfortable in 70s F weather yesterday.  I always feel my 5.11s are cool and comfortable.

Thank you for your thoughts and experiences.   :tu: 

* IMG_5265.jpg (Filesize: 152.33 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31