Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nice Ranger find

us Offline Swisster

• Ambassador of SAK's
Nice Ranger find
on: June 05, 2022, 03:06:06 AM
Just got this and it’s almost like new. I date this to 80 to 82 because the shield seems to be stainless steel and this style box was used up to 82. Not the biggest Ranger fan but this was too cheap not to buy and it’s almost like new. I may sell it or trade it. I probably would prefer to trade it. I know for sure it’s something between 78 to 82 but no sharpened cap lifter and stainless steel shield kind of narrows it to 80 to 82. Any more information would be much appreciated but I think I have the era as accurate as it can possibly get for this model and era.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 03:17:20 AM by Swisster »

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Nice Ranger find
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 04:48:48 AM
Very nice find!!
Barry

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 08:03:58 AM
 :iagree: very nice indeed! :like: :like:

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 11:45:19 AM
The Ranger is one of my favorites, and that's a really nice one.  Congrats!  :tu:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 08:45:51 PM
Nice snag  :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 03:23:48 PM
Any more information would be much appreciated ........

You are going to need to post a few more pictures than just that of a closed knife if you want more information!!
But looks like you have it very close from your research anyway

us Offline Swisster

• Ambassador of SAK's
Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 06:58:34 AM
After more examination the shield looks nickel silver and it's probably a 78 or 79 but for sure 78 to 82 and for $35 and it's almost like new it's fine and I'm going to sell it because it's too bulky for what I would carry. Climbers are the bulkiest thing I will carry and they are not close to what I prefer. Compacts and Pioneer X's are my favorites to carry and if I had to pick just one it would be my black Compact over all SAK's to EDC. I will probably post this for sale soon but It's not going to be $35. More like $75 plus shipping and that seems to be fair for this era and this condition. I'm not in love with this because of the size but it is very nice and a real collector may want it and I don't keep knives that I don't or won't carry but I'm not a collector. If it doesn't get used it gets sold off is my motto. If I was smarter I would just have my black Compact and my black 580 Clipper because they both get use a lot and carried.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%