Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DIY Magnetic Door lock

Offline Sean Webber

• New User
DIY Magnetic Door lock
on: July 21, 2022, 11:14:36 AM
First thing this is a DIY project and should be treated as such. Not responsible for any damage to your equipment.

I have a new toddler and was looking for a was to lock the cabinet door on by redsea 170.. I don't like the look of the bulky exposed child locks.. this also keeps people from randomly the door to your sump. This project requires you have a eb832 or device with 24V accessory port.

Here is the Magnetic Lock. LINK REMOVED

Here are the Plugs.
LINK REMOVED

The Black wire from the magnetic lock goes to the top where the clip latch is and the red on the bottom. To be safe check it before installing it.

For the program, I'm just using the 24V outlet on the apex fusion, programmed to default.

The magnet is strong and you'll probably unhook the screws before the magnetic lock.

The magnetic Actuator mounts to the cabinet with 2 counter sunk screws. the supplied metal plate comes with one hole in the center, but I opted to drill two holes to better secure it to the cabinet door. After careful research, I also found out you have to leave a little play in the metal plate to allow it to properly seat on the magnetic actuator.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 11:53:23 AM by zoidberg »

Offline Alan Rant

• New User
Re: DIY Magnetic Door lock
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 03:27:06 PM
Thank you for the project, I've been looking for something like this. I've been working on a smart house project lately. I think this will be very useful along with a smart lock. I have to call a ( DELTED LINK ) to find out how should I install all of these locks. I like to be involved in sort of activities, that grow my professional skills and resume as well.

Do you have more projects like this?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 03:44:39 PM by Aloha »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $25.00
PayPal Fees: $1.53
Net Balance: $23.47
Below Goal: $276.53