Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best one piece tool?

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Best one piece tool?
Reply #30 on: June 12, 2022, 01:54:12 AM
We are just back. Unfortunately, our cruise line had a no blade policy (including scissors :dunno:). Security at each port had nothing to say about my medical shears though fwiw. You used to be able to take a small folder with no issues on most major lines but many popular ones like royal caribbean have since amended their policies no not allow blades.
That is really strict.  I wonder if they’d allow the Leatherman Raptor.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: June 12, 2022, 02:52:39 PM
That is crazy :ahhh I don't think that Carnival has went that strict yet :think: I haven't been on a cruise since November and not sure when my next one will be but I will definitely have to check again before going :facepalm:

Hope you had a great time though :cheers: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: June 12, 2022, 03:43:03 PM
Just curious if they are checking each bag and person? 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 12, 2022, 05:00:00 PM
Just curious if they are checking each bag and person?

They put every bag (checked or carry on) through a TSA style scanner and check each person with detectors as well.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: June 12, 2022, 05:31:17 PM
 :tu: Thank you.  A good OPT can do quite a lot.  Its always the cutting thats challenging. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2022, 07:14:37 PM
That is crazy :ahhh I don't think that Carnival has went that strict yet :think: I haven't been on a cruise since November and not sure when my next one will be but I will definitely have to check again before going :facepalm:

Hope you had a great time though :cheers: :like:

We did have a great time! Thanks. I just checked Carnival’s website. This is copy-pasted straight from the prohibited items:
“Knives, scissors and open razors. (Recreational dive knives are allowed, but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Large scissors used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held on board in the same manner as dive knives.)”

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: June 12, 2022, 08:18:47 PM
So perhaps a knifeless and scissorless, plier based tool :think:

They must have changed policies and I didn't know it :ahhh

And glad to hear you had a great time :woohoo:

Offline Timdgsr

• New User
Reply #37 on: June 15, 2022, 06:51:20 PM
We are just back. Unfortunately, our cruise line had a no blade policy (including scissors :dunno:). Security at each port had nothing to say about my medical shears though fwiw. You used to be able to take a small folder with no issues on most major lines but many popular ones like royal caribbean have since amended their policies no not allow blades.

That stinks.  I took a cruise with Carnival 6-7 years ago and I was allowed to take a Spyerco PM2 onboard.

What threw me for a loop was they made me turn in my keychain swiss army knife, because it had "tools" on it.  They said you aren't allowed to take anything with screwdrivers/etc.  They were supposed to hold onto it, an allow me to pick it back up.  They ended up mailing me someone else's swiss army knife instead.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: June 18, 2022, 05:04:38 PM
I just got back from a Royal Caribbean Cruise to Canada and no one batted an eye at all the one piece tools in my wallet.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #39 on: June 19, 2022, 07:07:42 PM
And yet another reason not to go on a cruise! I keep telling my wife they’re not a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #40 on: June 20, 2022, 11:20:26 AM
And yet another reason not to go on a cruise! I keep telling my wife they’re not a good idea.

+1

I bet they don't serve turkey on board. Unless it's taken on board awlready carved and sliced, to avoid having big knives in the kitchen, where anyone can get them.

:facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: June 20, 2022, 10:29:58 PM
+1

I bet they don't serve turkey on board. Unless it's taken on board awlready carved and sliced, to avoid having big knives in the kitchen, where anyone can get them.

:facepalm:
I haven’t been on a cruise in quite a few years, but I do recall that one of the ironies was that they didn’t want anyone onboard carrying a small pocket knife, but it was easy enough to order a steak and get your hands on a steak knife.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: June 30, 2022, 04:30:32 AM

I got covid a day after returning home, so add that to the list, lol. Cruise was still a lot of fun though!

Offline Alan Rant

• New User
Reply #43 on: July 21, 2022, 02:43:27 PM
I recently bought Victorinox SwissTool Spirit X. It's fantastic.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%