Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Dual Force Warranty issue

Offline Kdarmy

Gerber Dual Force Warranty issue
on: July 04, 2022, 12:12:33 AM
I just received the new dual force and the tools on both sides were way too tight..
So long story short I tried to adjust them, well I ran into a problem...the large main washer has a flat area cut into it to fit with the flat area of the thru bolt to keep it from freely spinning.
Well...no matter what I've tried the bolt does seem long enough to let this happen...even before putting the screw in, I can align the washer up with the slot of the thru bolt and then while clamping together you can see there is no extra room at all.
Without the flats meeting up to keep the washer from spinning, this causes the screw to back out easily...I just reassembled and waiting for the locktite to set up...I can only assume that Gerber is doing the same?

I was going to send it back to Gerber to review and fix it, but that doesn't seem to be an option...I see that Gerber is no longer at this time accepting any returns for repairs etc.  :dunno:
The only number I found to call confirms this too.
Not very happy with their lack of customer service...I will try to call later next week and see if I can get thru to anyone.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:17:47 AM by Kdarmy »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD