Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Damast 2022 - picnicker

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
New Damast 2022 - picnicker
on: July 22, 2022, 09:39:17 AM
Just had an email from Vic - this is now available at £310 in UK, no idea about pricing elsewhere.

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Re: New Damast 2022 - picnicker
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 10:43:54 AM
CHF 329 in Switzerland. What a peculiar choice - the Picknicker does not exactly strike me as a classic (ok, ok, it may in fact be, but still...). Good thing I don't collect Damast knives  :)

Edit: Odd, according to the picture on Vic's website, it's a Picknicker plus the cheese blade. That's a bit more original at least, still I dunno :dunno:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:58:53 AM by Simon_Templar »

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 11:01:49 AM
Looks interesting. Have one on the way as we speak. Cannot wait to add this to all the others in the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 06:09:58 PM
I'll buy one.  I thought the Picnicker has a serrated blade though, this one seems plain edge.  :dunno:
Edit: I see now from the SakWiki that they come with either style of blade.
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 02:19:25 AM
I often think about one of the various "picnic" knives, since it would be handy to have a single tool that I could just toss in the bottom of my bag and be good for most meals. None of them quite line up with what I want, and I always baulk at the price. This is pretty close, but I wish it had a serrated blade for bread, etc. If the Cheesemaster had the opener layer instead of a fork, it'd be fine. There's already tines on the end of the cheese knife, so I don't know why we need a separate fork, but Victorinox apparently doesn't think we would ever want to open any beers or sodas on our picnics.

us Offline Wire Edge

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 03:13:22 AM
You know, the fork does have a cap lifter at the base.  Seems like most of the online pictures hide that.

I’m excited for the Damasteel Picknicker!  I love that it’s a slightly different model with the addition of the cheese knife.  Really neat!

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 04:03:23 AM
That's a game changer then. I'll probably grab one. Thanks for the heads up!

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 12:34:35 PM
I’m excited for the Damasteel Picknicker!  I love that it’s a slightly different model with the addition of the cheese knife.  Really neat!
To me it looks like a Hardwood Cheese Knife, only with a plain blade instead of a serrated one. Therefore, Victorinox's choice of name is somewhat idiosyncratic.
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 02:07:21 PM
I apologise, but I have ordered one. The good news is that those that like the model and do not want to spend the huge amount of money needed to get the LE one have the option to get the regular one for a lot less, a major complaint with the 1897  model.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

de Offline coSAK

• Mounted Swiss Army Knight
Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 09:55:07 PM
[…] The good news is that those that like the model and do not want to spend the huge amount of money needed to get the LE one have the option to get the regular one for a lot less, a major complaint with the 1897  model.
I may be wrong, but as far as I know, you can not buy this layout as a standard edition knife. It is not the same as the standard picnicker. That's why Victorinox calls it "Special" Picnicker.
WANTED: Red Farmer, Red Harvester, Soldier/SI 1975, Genuine Horn scales, Wenger 19th Hole Cigar Cutter

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #10 on: July 24, 2022, 05:37:45 AM
Those sneaky Swiss.....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: July 24, 2022, 08:28:39 PM
 :rofl: I think the last time I saw that layout was for the special edition for the opening of the London boutique, which I also missed out on!  :facepalm: :rofl:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 03:11:14 PM
I like it - The pearwood scales look really nice - But might have to pass due to $$$

PS. I always throught they should merge the WineMaster and the CheeseMaster into the 130mm frame - I guess it would be the Wine&CheeseMaster 

Now that would be a great model

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 26, 2022, 03:11:08 AM
I love this knife, but think I will sit this one out.  I have a couple of the Damast LE's, but they're not must-owns for me.  On the other hand, I use a cheese SAK literally every day and own two....  so, who knows!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%