Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2022 Winter Magic ?

us Offline Swisster

• Ambassador of SAK's
2022 Winter Magic ?
on: August 02, 2022, 09:11:54 AM
I am hoping for the 2022 Winter Magic knife to be a Compact. It would be nice to see it in Blue Stay Glow with stainless steel snowflake inlays or Black Carbon Fiber with stainless steel snowflake inlays.

gb Offline Greybeard

Re: 2022 Winter Magic ?
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 12:18:49 PM
Compact Tinker (ie with Phillips instead of Corkscrew).
Or the ultimate SAK: Compact Fieldmaster (3 layer with Phillips, scissors and woodsaw).
With either configuration I'd buy it to carry, whatever the scales (although preferably not rainbows and unicorns or I'll have to buy another for my daughter! :D)

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 03:47:03 PM
I’ll vote the Explorer
Was the very first Victorinox I bought, even today with all my other SAKs, the Explorer is still my favourite. Really wish they would release a serrated version.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

gb Offline Greybeard

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 10:44:54 PM
I'd second the serrated blade, but in the form of the old 91mm Picknicker; with the Pruning Blade and the Woodsaw. I really like the Pruning Blade as the second blade.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 09:57:46 PM
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Swisster

• Ambassador of SAK's
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 10:54:57 AM
  next year needs to be a Compact with some sexy scales on it and some snowflakes on the blade. It's going to be hard to ever beat the 2020 Pioneer X

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2022, 03:55:05 PM
 :iagree:

It was a great choice of SAK and gorgeous way to present it. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 07:22:45 AM
I agree that a Compact Christmas knife would have been awesome, but the Super Tinker is pretty sweet.

One of this year’s Christmas Super Tinkers is being given away

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,90235.msg2385310.html#msg2385310

Offline Helvetica Bold

Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 10:07:46 AM
 [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  next year needs to be a Compact with some sexy scales on it and some snowflakes on the blade. It's going to be hard to ever beat the 2020 Pioneer X

There aren’t many LEs that I really regret not buying at the time but I really wish I had one of these in the draw…  :dunno:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 10:27:51 AM
 [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  next year needs to be a Compact with some sexy scales on it and some snowflakes on the blade. It's going to be hard to ever beat the 2020 Pioneer X

Exactly  :tu:.

Here's my reaction when they introduced the 2021 Winter Special...

To be honest,  I fear Victorinox made a bad move with the 2020 Winter Magic Pioneer X.

A new pattern (and special colour) on Alox scales? And on a Pioneer X model, to make things even more awesome (or worse, depending on how you look at it...).

My first thought when I saw the 2020 Winter Magic was "how exactly are they going to top that next year?".

And I'm sorry to say,  but turns out they can't (in my opinion at least).

The fact that it's a cellidor model would mean that carrying it one time in your pocket for fun might already scratch those special scales, which isn't the case for the Alox 2020 version.

And I've always found SAKs with batteries a pain in the *** to store, even to a point that I actively avoid buying them.

So, for me it's a SAK that I can't carry, and I can't store in the collection and only look at it once a year. I'm basically scr*wed.

Anyway, I was quite relieved when I saw the 2021 version, since our budget is very tight for the moment, and this turns out to be one temptation less...  :P

Just my own, humble opinion, of course.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD