Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

FangFo 14 in 1 Multi Tool

us Offline Old Happy Tiger

FangFo 14 in 1 Multi Tool
on: August 03, 2022, 07:49:58 PM
This is my review on the FangFo 14 in 1 Multi tool that I bought off of Amazon for $8.00 USD.

Please know, that I bought this. I have no monetization or any type of profit gains with this company or Amazon.

I work in certain lines of security assisting certain clients and stakeholders for over 30+ years. I carry a lot of gear on me at all times traveling to many stakeholder sites. I also have many inexpensive multi tools that I own, and I always have one on me when working or not.

This multi tool has these tools:
long nose pliers ,round nose pliers,cutting pliers,sharp knife, philips screwdriver ,slotted screwdriver (small),serrated knife ,double-sided file,slotted screwdriver(large) ,small scraper ,slotted screwdriver(medium), can opener, bottle opener ,hook remover.

For the price, it’s a good multi tool for very light duty.. again to emphasis that VERY light duty.

The entire tool looks nice and if your into EDC and color matching than having this with a entire black “load out” (as some guys say), may be a great lost cost option. But know again, very light duty.

The things for you to know before hand:

- Plastic handles with metal liners.

- The tools are all painted black.

- As you see in the picture, the can opener and the knife that has the sliver metal edge, those only had a black painted over "starter edge". So I used a basic medium grit sharpening stone and then the fine grit sharpening stone and now have a sharp workable edge on both. Most likely chinese equivalent of 440A or softer steel. I ALSO need to do the same with the cutters on the pliers as they are dull. I’ll use some small diamond files and fix those today.

- All the tools work and there are locks on the outside of the handle but this is a single point of failure if there is too much pressure on the tool like pressing downwards on the saw for example, I’m certain the lock with break. Also, with the pliers.. if a lot of presure is used I’m certain either or side of pivot point will break. That is why I label this one as VERY light duty.

-The tool is light and it’s nice to carry on my belt. The sheath that comes with it, is very low quality as expected at this low price point. It’s like cloth type.. Not like those hard nylon belt carrying cases.

-As I do with all my multi tools and knives when I get them. I put this multi tool in a small tupperware plasic bin that I have, and soaked it in dawn dish soap and very warm water for a few hours to clean and de-greese it. Then I dried it out and also use a can of compressed spray to make sure all the water is out of it. Slightly tightened the pivot points (The pivot points on this tool is a size T-10 star / torx , you need that size bits). Then I use gun oil for the pivot point that that tools are in also the center of the pliers as well as the spring. I mainly use gun oil, Balistol initially and for maintenance afterwards just cheaper Rem Oil. Again.. that’s my process I do that all the time with new multi tools and folding knives.

Conclusion, again… this was only $8.00 USD and again for very light use and for special purposes or reasons for using it as such... it will be ok… But for every day carry or for emergency use, this will not be my first choice. Thanks for reading my review - OHT

* 1.jpg (Filesize: 344.37 KB)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 08:20:09 PM by Old Happy Tiger »
"One day as a tiger is worth a thousand as a sheep."

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: FangFo 14 in 1 Multi Tool
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 03:11:37 PM
Nice review with all the important info I would ask for. Thanks  :hatsoff:

Although, adding some Balistol I think the value went up to about 8.50$  :D

Btw, welcome to the MTO forum !

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 12:01:09 AM
Nice review with all the important info I would ask for. Thanks  :hatsoff:

Although, adding some Balistol I think the value went up to about 8.50$  :D

Btw, welcome to the MTO forum !

Thank You  :hatsoff:   LOL.. Yes it probably did after the ballistol.. I really need to get more of that stuff.. especially with prices being as they are. I have two more inexpensive multi-tools coming.. And I hope to do another review this Sunday on each of them.. and YES a bit better quality wise then the FangFo.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 12:02:02 AM
 :popcorn:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 01:08:52 AM
Great review,  OHT :cheers:

I will admit I rarely visit this section anymore and only made it over this way due to you mentioning it in you New Member Thread :oops: :salute: :tu:

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 03:37:52 AM
 :hatsoff:
Great review,  OHT :cheers:

I will admit I rarely visit this section anymore and only made it over this way due to you mentioning it in you New Member Thread :oops: :salute: :tu:

Thanks. I HOPE that I did not mess up anything in my review as I see now, there is some sort of site format for reviews?🤔  I'll have to seek out a forum moderator or administrator to see how closely I need to follow those guidelines. I need to stay in compliance with the rules :salute:  I do have two new inexpensive multi tools incoming.  Looking forward to post about them.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 09:58:14 AM
It's a "guideline" to follow. It was agreed on to be beneficial for all to have a common format.
But it all depends on how much there is to tell etc. so things can vary a lot. I liked your review here  :2tu:

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 02:59:38 PM
It's a "guideline" to follow. It was agreed on to be beneficial for all to have a common format.
But it all depends on how much there is to tell etc. so things can vary a lot. I liked your review here  :2tu:

Awesome Thank You.. I'll take a look at those guidelines again before I post my next reviews. I should be getting at least one of the two new inexpensive multi tools in today.. And should be able to post one review on Sunday. I try to stuff as much useful content into my reviews just so others can make an informed decision. 

The other thing to note just saying...  I have no business dealings with the companies that I am reviewing, no types of monetization. I know there is A LOT of guys with YouTube channels out there that do that for living and generate a lot of money.. and that is cool if that works for them. But anything I post, is true and viable and from a real world perspective.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 03:26:24 PM
Awesome... looking forward to it  :popcorn:

... no pressure though  :D

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 03:39:27 PM
Good review, OHT
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 09:06:04 PM
Awesome... looking forward to it  :popcorn:

... no pressure though  :D

:hatsoff: Thanks!

Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 09:06:34 PM

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 10:50:13 PM
A very good and detailed review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

Reply #13 on: August 06, 2022, 11:31:37 PM
A very good and detailed review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

You are Welcome.  :salute:  Had to go on the principal stakeholder site, big storms are incoming. Hopefully I can exfil out of here before they hit. Welcome to my world. :) 

Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 06:03:27 PM
As an update to this review. I was able to get the knife edge honed really sharp, is probally "less" than 420 steel, really. And for very light use, the multi tool does work. It's not my first carry choice. I'm designating it to a bag that I have in my car as a back up to the another multi tool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD