Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help Choosing - Leatherman Free P4 or Charge Plus Stainless or BO??

Offline shane1

Looking to EDC a multitool. I think I have narrowed it down to the Fee P4 or the Charge Plus. If I go Charge plus I am torn between the stainless or the black oxide. Ive never had a BO tool. I see some BO waves that look great but the Charge plus I am looking at has aluminum scales and they will not wear the same as the oxide. Any thoughts?

shane

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I usually carry a black oxide Charge Plus as my work carry and the aluminum handles have held up extremely well :salute:

A recent pic :tu:

You can see that the black oxide and the aluminum have a few worn spots but overall it is still in really great shape  :woohoo:

Offline shane1

Thank you

nz Offline Pauldmmwc

Hi
My suggestion would be one of each. I think most of the forum knows that one is just the start and somehow is not enough and before you know it you will be in the same boat as the rest of us suffering from a variant of musthaveanotheritis.    :D

:cheers:

Semper Sitienti !!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Of those two definitely the Charge + .

I would recommend the Wave+ also as it's the same tool set and less expensive and also comes in BO   :tu:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Wave + BO or Charge Tti. I am not a big fan of alum handle slabs. These two are proven tools, no gimmick like the Free P2 / P4.

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
+1

(and I'go for a Wave+ too, as it is also available in BO and much cheaper than Charge, not that I lack of Charge/Wave already in a few variant, I mainly use an old beaten Wave)
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD