Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Review: WorkPro 15-in-1 Multi Tool

us Offline Old Happy Tiger

Review: WorkPro 15-in-1 Multi Tool
on: August 08, 2022, 10:33:02 PM
*Somewhere in South Eastern, U.S.A… a man who calls himself Old Happy Tiger (OHT) holds up his new multi-tool over his head and says to himself.. “Now THAT is worth the price!”

1.jpg
* 1.jpg (Filesize: 288.43 KB)

2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 293.83 KB)

I’m a bit excited to share this one with all of you. This is the WorkPro 15-in-1 Multi Tool.

There is not really any videos out there, except for one guy that has a different looking one (he rated it as pretty good). There was a few reviews I saw on Amazon that said the pliers are not good.. and those review seem very weird to me. I totally disagree 100%...  At least with this one that is in front of me.

This was $19.00 USD and like you can see in the second picture above this thing is THICK and solid! Like don’t drop it on your foot because you’ll feel it!  The knife hair shaving sharp.. I took a patch of hair my arm.. No joke. Everything on this one works great. I did test this one a bit more and I did not think you guys wanted to see static pictures of me sawing wood ect.. But I can say this thing is awesome!

To note again, I do not get any money / monetization from Amazon or this company. This company that makes this WorkPro brand is called “GreatStar”. The tools are made in China.. HOWEVER there is customer support and sales in the U.S.A. Their headquarters are down my way in the South East, U.S.A they are in North Carolina and I was able to call them today and talk to the sales department. They also make tools under the brand names of Mossy Oak, Haushof and flashlights under the Everbrite name. They also have standard tools that they sell as well. I was told that they have contracts making tools for other retail stores like Home Depot.. Very interesting to find all of that out today.

I did the same thing that I always do, soaked the multi-tool in hot water and dawn dish soap to de-grease it, then used Balitsol gun oil on all the pivot points. Pivot points for the tools have all steel washers, The pivot points use a T-9 size Star/Torx bit. They ALSO are also double coupled so you’ll need TWO drivers to tighten both sides at the same time. They seems fine however as-is. Pliers are great and the wire cutter work great I chopped some wire with it and no issues. 

I’m also honest in what I say, and this was $15.00 USD two years ago.. Every multi-tool that I have seen is up about $5.00 more because of inflation (at least here in the U.S.A.). But this one, I would be happy to have on me 24/7 on site (I work in various security fields 30+ years) OR putting this into an emergency pack / bug-out bag… I think it is that good, really! Will it hold up for the next 15 to 20 years like a Leatherman or Gerber? I don’t know....| And it’s not going to have any collector value years later on, either. This thing feels over-built… All the tools also lock into place, the two metal tabs are on the top of the handles and the locking mechanism seems very solid to me with no play in any of the tools. Probably again, 420HC steel not sure about pliers.

Pros:
Heavy at least 13 ounces, Heavy is great behind unscrewing, sawing ect.. with the tools

Tools work, knife and saw is sharp and all of the tools lock.

Local help desk as U.S.A. branch office is in North Carolina.

Cons:
Heavy! So tighten your belt. Also, not for pocket carry.

Packing grease and A LOT of it all over the handles as well. While it did come in a plastic bag to protect the sheath you’ll need to give it a wash.

Dual coupled Star / Torx bolts in pivot points. You need two drivers to tighten.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 10:38:45 PM by Old Happy Tiger »
"One day as a tiger is worth a thousand as a sheep."

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Re: Review: WorkPro 15-in-1 Multi Tool
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 10:36:53 PM
Yet another great review! Seems like an ideal user multi. US-based customer support is a bonus.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 10:46:53 PM
Yet another great review! Seems like an ideal user multi. US-based customer support is a bonus.

:tu: Thank You again. I'll tell you on this one really is something.. I may buy another one to keep in one of my bags / packs that I have.. I would be happy to have this on me in certain situations. Have a great week.

us Offline Adam5

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 10:55:15 PM
Thanks for the review, OHT  :cheers:

There are several of us here that have used the 15-in-1, and I think that the general census is in agreement with you. A bit heavy, but fully capable of being a heavy duty MT. That does not appeal to some people. But for anyone who wants a sturdy MT but can't afford the Leatherman/Gerber/SOG prices, the WorkPro 15-in-1 could be right for them.

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 11:04:04 PM
Thanks for the review, OHT  :cheers:

There are several of us here that have used the 15-in-1, and I think that the general census is in agreement with you. A bit heavy, but fully capable of being a heavy duty MT. That does not appeal to some people. But for anyone who wants a sturdy MT but can't afford the Leatherman/Gerber/SOG prices, the WorkPro 15-in-1 could be right for them.

Thanks for your comment. To note, I'll be using this in my line of work. Sometimes, I travel to certain client / stakeholders sites and I have a lot of gear with me... At times over the years I've driven (and have got stuck half-way) through Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, Blizzards, Floods... You name it...I'm on call 24/7.
If anything goes wrong with this, or any other tools I review.. I'll  find and update my review to let everyone know.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 04:42:53 AM
Great review! I have had this tool for a while, and I also think it is very good for the price. They used to make a slightly larger and believe it or not, heavier multitool a few years ago.  I also own that one and it is a shame they no longer make it. It did not have scissors and it weighed in at just over 15 grams! lol.   It also had a slightly better finish on it. 

Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 05:48:11 PM
Great review! I have had this tool for a while, and I also think it is very good for the price. They used to make a slightly larger and believe it or not, heavier multitool a few years ago.  I also own that one and it is a shame they no longer make it. It did not have scissors and it weighed in at just over 15 grams! lol.   It also had a slightly better finish on it.

Thanks... Wow that older tool sounds like a tank!

Offline mikekoz

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 12:35:38 AM
Thanks... Wow that older tool sounds like a tank!

It was! I love overbuilt tools! It was simply called the 16 in 1 and was heavily inspired by the Leatherman Surge. If you Google it, it is still being sold at some places. 

us Offline Adam5

Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 03:35:29 AM
Aliexpress has the 16-in-1 if anyone is interested:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/2251832570516266.html

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 03:47:25 AM
Great review, OHT.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 11:31:50 PM

Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 06:07:01 PM
As an update to this review. This is great multi tool and is heavy.. I've used it for a bit and I have it designated in a "go bag" inside my house. For every day carry on my belt, it works but again it really heavy weighted multi tool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD