Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I’ve found a new mini First Aid Kit pouch

Sos24 · 33 · 3668

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Re: I’ve found a new mini First Aid Kit pouch
Reply #30 on: September 03, 2022, 11:29:02 AM
The compromises in having a kit so small are sometimes hard.  But I’ve learned from experience if the kit is too big, sometimes you are kore likely to leave behind.
Oh, this is purely for my trouser pockets... or if they're too stuffed, hanging off a belt loop with the Grimlock clip.
I have a far bigger one with CAT tourniquet, Israeli bandages, blast dressings and all sorts of gubbins, but that lives on my backpack.

I o like those Cyalume light sticks.  I’ve never seen ones so small.  I didn’t add a torch because I almost always have one on me. 
I always have at least two torches on me, because one gets used every day for everyone I encounter, while the spare is for me alone and is there in case I use the main one up.
But this being an emergency kit, having a dedicated torch that barely takes up any space is only ever an advantage.

The glow sticks are often sold as for attaching to fishing floats etc., I've found that it can take a little trial and error to find a good brand but they're pretty cheap  :tu:
Mine were from a military source, but you can get the same ones on eBay easily enough and often in different colours. Expect about £1.50 each, or less if you buy a box of them. +

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2022, 08:49:58 PM
It even has a loop field on the front for a first aid patch, which I did add.

Great kit, and a great patch.  :tu:  We had two versions of that saying.  The first was about bleeding, the other was that all fires go out eventually. ;)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 08:41:05 PM
All fires do go out eventually but some take longer than others.  The Centrailia Mine fire in Pennsylvania is an underground coal seam that has been burning since 1962 and may continue to burn for another 250 years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%