Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Matt’s Modified SAK Challenge

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Re: Matt’s Modified SAK Challenge
Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 03:55:11 PM
Day 21 -  Victorinox Alarm - toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 3 times past time screen and the alarm screen is displayed. Press and hold button 4 seconds to turn alarm on and off, press 4 more seconds to set alarm time. Press button to shut off alarm.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2022, 02:29:20 PM
Day 22 - Countdown Timer -  toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 4 times past the time screen and the countdown timer screen is displayed. Press and hold the button 2 seconds to set desired amount of time to countdown. Press button to shut off countdown timer when it goes off.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

ca Offline Jazz

Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 02:55:05 AM
Still enjoying the thread. Keep it up, bro.

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 05:28:50 AM
I'm awlso enjoying it. The electronics have many more functions than those on my Altimeter!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #34 on: September 23, 2022, 02:32:11 PM
Thanks Jazz & Farmer X, Day 23 -  Timer - toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 5 times past  the time screen and the timer screen is displayed. Press and hold button 2 seconds to start timer. Press button 2 seconds while it is running to stop timer or an additional 2 seconds to reset. Not ideal as a stop watch since it only goes to the nearest second and takes 2 seconds to stop, but works as a timer nonetheless.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #35 on: September 24, 2022, 04:21:33 PM
Day 24 -Thermometer - toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 6 times past time screen and the temperature screen is displayed. Press and hold button for 8 seconds to change Fahrenheit to Celsius and Feet to Meters.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #36 on: September 25, 2022, 04:02:05 PM
Day 25 - Toothpick -  Victorinox has made several versions through the years and four colors to choose from now. I have used RIT dye with success as well. This is an older version I like. Works for teeth cleaning or any crevice, open other tools on knife with head of toothpick, open zip ties and survival fishing hook.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 06:17:12 PM by pa_strunk »

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #37 on: September 25, 2022, 11:03:54 PM
Now I'll have to go through awl of my Cellidor SAKs and see how many hooked toothpicks I find! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
USN 2000-2006

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #38 on: September 26, 2022, 04:54:33 PM
Wish you luck with that mission Farmer X. Curious how many you will find? Day 26 - Tweezers -  use them to pull or remove small things such as splinters, thorns or ticks, nail guide (prevent trauma to fingers with hammer), bookmark, radio antenna for a cell phone, magnify to make compass, or as a security pin.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #39 on: September 27, 2022, 12:48:49 AM
Of 20 toothpicks I've gone through (18 in knives and two old ones used for cleaning and light scraping), two have been the hooked type.

I never thought of such uses for the tweezers. The nail guide is a particularly good idea.
USN 2000-2006

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #40 on: September 27, 2022, 03:05:16 PM
Day 27 - Ink Pen - Blue pressurized ink pen, use under universal hook for better grip, while under universal hook open main blade to create a caliper-compass, use with fish scaler to mark off distances, security pin or even a “promotion” tool to toggle small electronic switches.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #41 on: September 28, 2022, 03:10:11 PM
Day 28 - Straight Pin -wood splinter extraction,sim card removal, clean a  plugged nozzle (spray cans, automobile windshield washer, etc…), magnetize to use as a compass,  make a improvised fishing  hook, or heat to burn a small hole in plastic.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #42 on: September 29, 2022, 02:53:06 PM
Day 29 - Mini Screwdriver - 1.5 mm flathead screwdriver, works in many small phillips as well, ideal for eye glasses, watches, kids toys, etc…, great for replacing batteries in SAKs, small spacer tool, and new version fits in 1/4” bit adapters. Victorinox also makes a mini 4 piece tool set with mini flathead screwdriver 1.5 mm in grey, phillips screwdriver 000 in green, SIM card pin in red, and torx screwdriver T4 in blue. You can also use RIT dye to change any of the colors to a darker color such as black quite easily.

us Online BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: September 29, 2022, 05:24:28 PM
I want to hear more about this tweezer antenna thing!

ca Offline Jazz

Reply #44 on: September 30, 2022, 02:45:03 AM
So do I.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #45 on: September 30, 2022, 04:24:18 AM
Check out this video. Cell phone antenna hak 21:52. Guy has probably forgot more ways to use a SAK than I will ever know.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #46 on: September 30, 2022, 05:00:56 AM
I'll check out that channel a little more extensively as I get the chance. Looks like a good one.

Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for day 30! :popcorn:
USN 2000-2006

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #47 on: September 30, 2022, 12:20:12 PM
Check out this video. Cell phone antenna hak 21:52. Guy has probably forgot more ways to use a SAK than I will ever know.

I never heard of cat's meat being canned. It might taste good, with the gravy and fish mix...

:think: :think:

@ 6m25s

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #48 on: September 30, 2022, 04:00:09 PM
YouTube if full of interesting stuff. Day 30 - Paper Weight - 9.4 oz or 266 g, very comparable to Victorinox  XLT at 8.7 oz or 247 g, but far less than the XVAT at 12.4 oz or 352 g. Also fits perfectly in the XLT sheath.  Many criticize the AVT functions as unnecessary or redundant in the age of smart watches and phones. I do not argue this, but being in USAR 31 years I have been in many locations around the world where such technology is not always available or reliable to say the very least. I believe Victorinox could have actually sold this SAK back in the day as the “CyberSwissChamp AVT. “ 

us Online BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: September 30, 2022, 04:18:07 PM

That makes sense, works the same as a headphone plug. Thanks for the vid.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #50 on: September 30, 2022, 07:14:16 PM
Agreed about the electronics. Latest and greatest aren't awlways mutually inclusive.

I enjoyed following this challenge. Great job! :cheers:
USN 2000-2006

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%