Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fake bladeless MP600?

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Fake bladeless MP600?
on: September 17, 2022, 05:10:05 AM
Hey all. I have had this MP600 since late 2017. It is the only gerber MT I have. I have plenty of other MTs and have caught fakes before. I just saw some reviews on amazon complaining about fakes and sure enough, mine is not stamped USA. Is it possible that this is a fake and I have been fooled for almost 5 years? (Ignore the color fill I did a long time ago) If it is a fake, it’s a convincing one. Kind of wondering if I have had the wrong impression on the MP600 all these years.  :-\

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Re: Fake bladeless MP600?
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 05:46:21 PM
No need to worry, as it is not fake. Forgers haven't copied the removable cutters head and neither the exchanger, they usually add a SE blade and EOD pliers type head. the font and logo look OK (BTW, nice touch coloring them!👍). Due to laws, a product must be close to 80% manufactured and assembled in USoA to be able to have a "made in USA" mrk/etch/stamp. Since the pliers head and some other components are manufactured elsewhere, they can no longer stamp them (has been like that since the move to the new shield/font stamping). My 4 Basics, Bladeless, Bluntnosed Basic and Pro Scout are like that.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 10:40:27 PM
No need to worry, as it is not fake. Forgers haven't copied the removable cutters head and neither the exchanger, they usually add a SE blade and EOD pliers type head. the font and logo look OK (BTW, nice touch coloring them!👍). Due to laws, a product must be close to 80% manufactured and assembled in USoA to be able to have a "made in USA" mrk/etch/stamp. Since the pliers head and some other components are manufactured elsewhere, they can no longer stamp them (has been like that since the move to the new shield/font stamping). My 4 Basics, Bladeless, Bluntnosed Basic and Pro Scout are like that.

Great news! Thanks for the insight.

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 08:51:55 PM
It may be yet. If the lettering is stamped you are good to go. Gerber does not use paint they stamp them, all of them.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%