Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

More new products coming Sept 20 AKA New Leatherman release- Maintenance Kit

Offline cnlson

So far 2 unimpressed on Twitter, myself being one

I did not recognize this as a worksharp, I guess because the guided field sharpener is the lowest I thought they went.

* Screenshot_20220921-082110_Chrome.jpg (Filesize: 127.72 KB)

Offline cnlson

Aren't Leatherman 16° from the factory? How much metal are you going to need to take off with that carbide? Reprofiling with a carbide 😱

The 25° Convex-Carbide® sharpening blades quickly restore a sharp edge; while the fine grit ceramic rods hone the edge to factory level sharpness.

$11.95 from WS https://www.worksharptools.com/shop/benchtop/manual/pivot-plus-knife-sharpener/

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Those type sharpeners are very rough on a blade no matter what :ahhh but reprofiling would take a serious amount of material away very needlessly :facepalm: :oops:

Wonder how many warranties they will have to fulfill because of this sharpener :think: :D

:popcorn:

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
The good side of those sharpeners are that they are very easy to use.  Someone can learn to use one effectively after watching a 30 second video.  It may wear down the blade quickly, but that's mitigated by a 25-year warranty.  I think it's a great solution for a casual multitool user.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
The good side of those sharpeners are that they are very easy to use.  Someone can learn to use one effectively after watching a 30 second video.  It may wear down the blade quickly, but that's mitigated by a 25-year warranty.  I think it's a great solution for a casual multitool user.

Pull through sharpeners can be a good solution, but slapping your name on something that isn't even the factory angle seems like a bit of an own goal. This is especially the case when some folks worry that the days of the 25 year warranty are limited as costs increase, this certainly doesn't help that.
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club

There are a lot of easy to use sharpeners that don't damage the blade of the knife. The Sharpmaker style is a good example. The guided field sharpener is not hard either.  I have doubts that LM would honor the warranty on a blade that has been messed up by improper sharpening.

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
The guided field sharpener is not hard either.  I have doubts that LM would honor the warranty on a blade that has been messed up by improper sharpening.

That's the sharpener that I use, and it's not that easy to use - it takes a lot of practice to use it effectively.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
I have and use both the sharpmaker and guided field sharpener. The sharpmaker is the easier of the two. I think an adequate level of skill can be learned in about 30 minutes for the average person who carries a multitool. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it’s just a better option for almost every level of user in my opinion.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I believe warranty will replace a blade on an improperly sharpened blade :think: I am sure I have seen some from here over the years that peeps have sent in and gotten either whole new tools or at least new blades :ahhh

Offline cnlson

I believe warranty will replace a blade on an improperly sharpened blade :think: I am sure I have seen some from here over the years that peeps have sent in and gotten either whole new tools or at least new blades :ahhh

They did in 1991 on my pst when I came home from war. Not sure about more recently.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
This Anthony Perez guy, who may be the LMT creative director, shows YOU how to use their latest products

I hope the brush is in the same caliber as a Verticoli, otherwise, it is a shameless money grab  :twak: . Guy is brave to put his face on this "educational" video though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%