Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fingers crossed for the Mrs,,

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Fingers crossed for the Mrs,,
on: September 24, 2022, 07:02:16 PM
As some of you know the Mrs has been a nut, she started diet and working out and she totally blew it out of the park losing 250lbs! All from someone who had a problem walking to much and had a motorized wheelchair! I mean she was totally all over me just to drop a few pounds, she’s got her own little workout room downstairs.. yet in the last few months she’s started hurting, she’s seen three speSmurfpillsts and each said something was wrong but not big enough to do anything, two weeks she went to an ER and they basically said whatever and sent her home, so after a few day she went to our family doctor and he’s normally goofy yet he went and got her records to see what the hospital said and they basically put NOTHING,, so she explained and the doctor told her told her “YOUR GOING TO THE ER” but, your not going to that one, your going to the one that freaking takes care of you! I will even write you a note!
Well she spent a few nights and they tested her just about every way they thought of, so she’s now home since they can’t do any more and she has an appointment with a neurologist, her cardiologist, and then will have one with our family doctor, but she can’t walk by herself, her balance is totally off, her eye site is crossed, she’s getting migraines, and she’s weak, the hospital said she might have Lupus,, so until they know more it’s going to be a battle.. it’s bad enough with me and my seizures so all we can do is hope things get better,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Fingers crossed for the Mrs,,
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 07:09:17 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Hope she gets better soon!

Stay strong!

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 07:15:24 PM
 :iagree:. Let us know JR
Barry

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 07:15:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear that, JR. I hope she gets the help that she needs and things get better for you both. Stay strong indeed :-[
Bantam, BantamAlox, HikerWood, Huntsman, Soldier, RescueTool, SwissTool, Surge, Charge, Wave, Raptor, Rebar, Signal, Pulse, Skeletool, SkeletoolRX, ST300, PST, PS4, P4

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 07:29:40 PM
I really hope it's not Lupus. As prfsantos says, stay strong, and hope things start looking up very soon!
USN 2000-2006

One to four layers of SAK is (usually) best for me.

If you have absolutely nothing better to do, my YouTube channel is awlways an option:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWA0VjH6v3WS6gvLkPGk9KA/

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 11:13:22 PM
Best wishes for you both !  💔

us Offline Sos24

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 01:14:13 AM
Your wife and you will be in my thoughts.  It is bad enough to have something wrong, but even worse when you don’t know what that something is.  Hopefully she will get answers and it will be something easily fixed.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 03:08:01 AM
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and wishes, I will keep everyone up to date whenever we find out anything,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 03:10:04 AM
My prayers & best wishes to your wife & you. I’m going through similar experience with my wife. She needs a cane for stability (age mid 40’s) and aches so bad she can’t sleep. Plus constant migraines. Doctors here can’t finda thing wrong (mri’s, spinals, all kinds of test) they think possibly an autoimmune disorder but not sure. I personally think doctors suck and it’s all about money.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 04:06:24 AM
Stay strong for your wife and yourself! Are thoughts are with you! Keep us posted.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 09:24:51 AM
Stay strong, both of you!

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

au Offline Echotech

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 09:39:30 AM
Sorry to hear that JR, very best wishes to you both

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 12:05:29 PM
Best of luck to both of you.

Hang in there, they will get it sorted out eventually.  You guys got this, I have faith in you both!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 02:59:15 PM
Here is to Mrs. Plumb pulling through!
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 03:33:04 PM
All the best.  I do hope they can find exactly whats going on. 

Try not to worry to far ahead. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 03:35:11 PM
My prayers & best wishes to your wife & you. I’m going through similar experience with my wife. She needs a cane for stability (age mid 40’s) and aches so bad she can’t sleep. Plus constant migraines. Doctors here can’t finda thing wrong (mri’s, spinals, all kinds of test) they think possibly an autoimmune disorder but not sure. I personally think doctors suck and it’s all about money.

Hang in there.  It can be a long process to get the answers. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ThisAlarm7

Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 03:42:05 PM
Oh man. I sure hate to hear that and I'm wishing her the best.

I was diagnosed with lupus in Dec 2020 after a post-covid run to the bottom healthwise. I thought for sure I was a goner two days in Dec I didn't expect to wake up again. After some rounds of immunosuppressives and Hydroxychloroquine I still take I barely know I have it. So have faith even if that's the case....and on top of that very promising developments are being made every day with Lupus.

Best wishes again.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: September 25, 2022, 03:50:06 PM
All the best to you.  Continued health. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: September 25, 2022, 04:13:52 PM
So sorry, that sounds just like her, she can’t sleep, always with the migraines and is 45, totally off balance, double vision, and she’s freezing, I mean she was outside in 80’s yet wearing a freaking sweatshirt all bundled up.. she will be getting a Walker with the wheels and brakes, and also a cane, one with the four feet cause she tried her old simple one and it was too off balance, I’ve put grab bars in the bathtub the heavy duty suction lockdown ones for her along with a seat, but I’m there to help, which kinda works because of my seizures cause I can’t have her too far away, it’s just crazy, we’ve been through sooo much and we’ve fought through it all and still stand her “together”! Our first son was in the hosp for the first 7months of his life, yeah we lost a lot, but we made it, I had my accident, and we lost our house, but we made it!
When the kid and I went tag sale hopping he found one of those little motorized vacuumed that you can program, and he talked the lady down to $15, he got it for mom so it can clean the floors so she doesn’t have to vacuum, even though I’m normally the one who does, but still it’s how the kid thinks, I must say we cleaned it all up and it works! Dog definitely doesn’t like it though, lol!
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #19 on: September 25, 2022, 06:24:01 PM
Wishing everyone here the best. Hope it all gets sorted quickly.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #20 on: September 25, 2022, 06:56:11 PM
Finger crossed and thoughts and prayers for you all (especially the Mrs)  :salute:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #21 on: September 26, 2022, 12:55:34 AM
Prayers from here. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 01:05:23 AM
Sorry to hear it, MadP :salute: I hope that they can find out exactly what it is and are able to help her :tu:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: October 06, 2022, 07:05:13 AM
MP, sorry to read about this, you and your wife will be in my thoughts.  Hope there is a faster way to identify the cause, and meanwhile, please stay strong and positive!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: October 06, 2022, 02:59:58 PM
Some of the tests came back and it didn’t say anything about lupus, that and her hips were fine, but while she was there she also got tested and they found nerve damage in her legs, spine, and neck, one other part of the test shows something very low but we don’t know what it is, so we’ll have to wait and see the doc,,
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: October 06, 2022, 04:04:25 PM
It can take time to diagnose issues and their causes.  Blood work is a great start.  No lupus is good to hear.  Nerve issues certainly can lead to pains and if those are the areas she having pain then she's got some direction. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: October 06, 2022, 04:15:06 PM
Yeah, time, she’s got another appointment with the doc who says she’s got the nerve damage in a few weeks, so he’ll go over everything that he sent her to the hosp for testing, and maybe he can explain why the ones so low, that and maybe find out why this happened and come up with something to fix everything.. the other thing is he’s also a neurologist, which is also my field!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: October 06, 2022, 04:38:25 PM
I wonder if that "low something" is Vitamin D?   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: October 06, 2022, 04:55:38 PM
I wonder if that "low something" is Vitamin D?
No, creatine kinase, :dunno:
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: October 06, 2022, 05:17:18 PM
 :tu:  They will narrow down whats going on. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $162.25
PayPal Fees: $8.81
Net Balance: $153.44
Below Goal: $146.56
Site Currency: USD